𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑂𝑛𝑒

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙊𝙣𝙚:
𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐺𝑢𝑦?

       RILEY-ROSE DESCENDED the staircase with her twin following in suit

       RILEY-ROSE DESCENDED the staircase with her twin following in suit. Riley was still processing the conversation she had with her sister.

Julie likes Luke
Riley repeated that in her head at least twenty times.
Riley knew where this was going. It didn't matter how she felt, or even how Luke felt. She would feel the need to step back. Julie liked him.

It's not like she'd be missing out anyway.
He's a ghost. She can't even touch him.

"I've got a spark in me, hands up if you can see"

Riley and Julie gave each other looks and chuckled at their dad singing their song.

"And you're a part of me, hands up if you're with me"

Riley fought back a laugh at her dad's voice.

The twins turned the corner to the staircase into the kitchen, to see Reggie and their father standing at the island. Ray was flipping pancakes and singing, unbeknownst to Reggie who was right next to him, singing along with him.

"This is new." Said Julie with a smile, as both sisters sat their stuff down on the chairs in front of the island.

"Yeah I was in the mood for cooking some breakfast." Their father explained with a smile.

Riley nodded with a soft smile.

"Ha. He thought you were talking to him." Reggie snickered, earning a blank stare from Riley.

"Me and your dad are pals now. It's a little one-sided but it works." Reggie explained with a grin, his gaze locked on their father.

The girls leaned on the chairs, eyes on their father as he began speaking,
"Look, after our talk the other night, I was thinking that I may have cost you an opportunity with that manager." Ray started apologetically.

Riley's eyebrows knitted as she leant forward,
"Dad, no. We shouldn't have snuck out." Riley cut him off, Julie nodding in agreement.

"Let the man speak. He's been stress eating all week." Reggie cut in, earning a glare from Riley.

"I don't know where he puts it though. It's all like firm." Reggie continued, motioning his hands in front of Ray's stomach.

Riley sighed, tearing her gaze off Reggie and placing it on her father.

"I know, but I really want to support your band. So I called in some favors, and booked you a local gig." He explained with a smile.