𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮:
𝐽𝑢𝑙𝑖𝑒 𝐴𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑊𝑜𝑛

    AFTER BEING CAUGHT by their father and missing out on an opportunity to talk to a manager, it's safe to say Riley-Rose and Julie weren't pleased

They put on an amazing show and they didn't even get to talk to her, and she was clearly interested as she tried to start a conversation, before Ray caught the girls.

It was silent as Riley, her sister and her father walked through the pathway toward their house.
—This was until Ray spoke up.

"Riley, Julie. We need to talk." Their father said sternly, stopping in his tracks on the path.

Riley paused, and turned on her heel to face him, her sister following in suit.

"So after skipping school, missing a test, you decided to sneak out even though I told you two to go to your room and study?" He questioned in disbelief.

Julie let out a sigh as Riley just stood there, her gaze on her shoes.

"We know. We're sorry." Riley mumbled.

"Yeah. You keep saying that." Ray scoffed.
"If you'd just...let me in, I could've been excited about tonight." He explained.

Riley shared a guilty look with Julie.

"Instead of having this conversation that all three of us hate. Why didn't you two tell me you were in a band?" He demanded.

Riley let out a breath before speaking,
"I didn't join, up until today. But I'm sorry that I still didn't tell you." Riley sincerely apologized, fiddling with her fingers.

"It all just happened so fast." Julie explained to her father, sharing a look with Riley.

"These last couple of weeks have changed our lives, Dad." Riley added with an agreeable nod.

"When I play music, I feel so much closer to Mom." Julie sighed.

Ray turned to his other daughter.
"And Riley, I didn't even know you played?" He asked her.

"I didn't. I mean, not really. But just like Julie said, these past few weeks have been incredible." Riley explained.

"And I love that. You know I do. But your tía is right. School needs to come first." He told them sternly.

Riley nodded with a purse of her lips.

"We know, but without the band, I would've never made it back into the music program, and..." Julie trailed off, her gaze on Riley.

"And I would've never came out of my shell." Riley finished for her, with a shrug, fiddling with her fingers.

"They played with me when I was trying to earn back my spot." Julie sighed.