H O P E

Warning: Smut ‼️🥵

I sit most days by the window in my room, staring out into the open, waiting. I hardly see Mattheo, he has not spoken a word to me since he turned himself into Draco. Not something I'm particularly upset about. I see him mope around the castle, in the library, at breakfast. He doesn't even make eye contact with me. I'd love to know what is going on inside of his head. Though I fear that's a curiosity that I may regret having if given the opportunity to.

It seems strange, to have had so many days pass since the message from nocturna. I lost count after 10, I have nothing to keep track and the days all blend into one. Mary wakes me in the morning, bathes me, gets me ready for the day of sitting around and then I go to sleep and it all repeats itself. I have not been able to wear the ring Mattheo gave me, it sits idle in the jewellery dish by the bathroom sink.

I'm beginning to lose hope that my friends are coming to save me. If I can even call them that. Harry, Hermione, Ron, Cedric. All people I have lied to, yet even aware of my lies, still put their lives on the line to save me. This is not the person I wanted to be, or wanted to become. Even when I first met the trio, on the train on my first day. Even when I was being a bitch, a small warm light was cast inside of me. It felt right, being friends with them, sitting with them, talking and laughing with them. It's the same light I felt when I was with Cedric.

However Draco, he made me feel that light and more. He knew me, he saw me for me with all of my wounds, past and present, I didn't feel that I was pretending or that I had to hide my nasty toxic side. It's always there, and it is a part of me. Cedric was too different, too pure for me. He wouldn't understand the horrible side to me that I have, he just loved me blindly, regardless of it. Which while is sweet and admirable, he didn't really truly understand me. Which is okay. It is just different to what is meant for me. Which I know deep in my heart, is Draco. 

————————————————————————

The nightfall comes, and I'm still sat by the window. Mary came in to check on me and place me into bed but I wouldn't have been able to sleep, so I sent her away for the evening. I'm becoming more and more depressed as the days linger on. I open the window latches, and push the window back as far as it goes all the way to the side.

I sit on the ledge and dangle my feet over the edge, adoring the way the cold brisk air is hitting my body. I stare at the size of the moon, and how beautiful it is. What I would give to be staring at the moon with Draco in the beautiful cottage he designed for us. Then I realised, the cottage was in my dream Mattheo spelled. I sigh. I can't even remember what is real and what's not anymore.

I look down to the ground, considering jumping. If I die, what will Mattheo have left? I don't think he really even cares about his father's mission for the death eaters to take over. He really only seemed to come out of the woodworks for me. Now that Voldemort is dead, he's the one that has to carry on the pureblood dominance bullshit. Ridding the magical world of people like Hermione. Something I won't allow him to do.

Just as the thought of jumping became more and more appealing, I heard something in the distance. A car engine almost. I look back up to the moon and see a small dark object flying toward me. What is that? Is that a car? As it neared it became more and more apparent. It was Ron's father's car, the one that was in the magical newspaper when Harry and Ron were caught in the muggle world. I stand up on the ledge, waving at it. I can't believe what I'm seeing.

The car pulls up to the side of the window, Ron is driving, Harry is next to him, and in the back is a very squished Hermione, Cedric, Pansy and Draco. I look at Draco and smile. "I thought you guys would never come!" I screech. "Shhh!!!", Hermione hissed. "Hop in, quickly!", harry whispers. Harry opens the car door and ushers me into the seat with him. I glance at Draco, he doesn't look pleased. Harry sees me looking to the back seat and says, "Well you're not going to fit back there are you?". I let out a little giggle and Pansy, who is currently elbowing Cedric and Hermione rolls her eyes. "Hop in so we can go already!" Pansy says.