Chapter 23:

Ivy's POV

"You still feeling sick kiddo?" Father asked.

I nodded into my pillow as he sat down at my feet. This is how it's been for the past week.

After my incident with Harry, I lied to my parents and told them I didn't feel well enough to go to school. Mother hasn't bothered to check on me whirl Father comes in as soon as he gets home from work.

"I'm guessing you've heard your mother and I the past few nights?" He sighed.

I nodded again.

"You not feeling well doesn't have anything to do with-"

"No, it's not that."
"Oh, good," he sighed in relief.

"Why did you marry Mother if she drives you nuts?"

He chuckled, "That's love kiddo. It drives you nuts and sometimes it makes you cry or yell, but there's those times where you smile and laugh."

"It seems like those moments hardly ever come with you and mother," I frown.

"Your mother and I have just hit one of those rough patches. It'll all smooth out soon enough. Don't worry about it to much," he patted my legs and left the room, softly closing the door behind him.

As soon as he left I went back to the way I was before he came in; staring up at my ceiling blankly.

It seems so stupid to be this torn up over Harry, but something happened between us and it just turned me all emotion about relationship.

Yeah, I told him that I didn't want anything more than a sexual relationship but now I hate myself for telling him that.

I wish I had just treated him like another neighbor and not helped him all those times.

Stupid me.

I wiped away the tears that were falling out of my eyes and curled back up into my pillow.

He's in his thirties and I'm only eighteen. How could I have been so stupid?

I shoved my earbuds in and cranked up Sam Smith.

"Stupid me," I whispered to myself again as the tears began falling again.