Chapter 9:

Ivy's POV

When I got home, both my parents were gone so it was just me and the maids home. I don't mind being home without my parents, I rather enjoy it. Mother isn't here to bug me. Father doesn't bug me, so I don't mind him being home.

-Your father will be gone until tomorrow evening for some last minute bussiness. Have the maids make you some dinner, remember to study for your Latin test tomorrow, and go pick up the mail at the post office (Mother)- a note on my bedroom door read.

Even when she's not here, she will always bug me about studying. You'd think that as much as she watched over my shoulder, that she'd see over half my life has been spent studying. Back in Kindergarten, I wasn't allowed to play with my Barbies until I could count to 100 and recite my ABC's 5 times for her.

I rolled my eyes and crushed the post it as I kicked off my high heels underneath my bed. My Latin test tomorrow wasn't going to be a problem, I'm already ahead of my class and shouldn't have to take the stupid class, but my mother insists I need all the credit I can get.

After a quick shower I changed into some shorts and a tee, and slid on my converse. There was still an hour before dinner, so I decided to run to the post office and pick up the mail for my parents.

It wasn't that long of a walk since it was just a block or two away from my house, but I was to walk that far so I took my car. The post office was very busy because everyone was getting off work and school, so parking was near impossible. By the time I finally got a parking spot and got inside five minutes had passed.

-111- My eyes spotted it. I slid the key into the lock and twisted the door open. Inside was packed with many white envelopes. Nothing but bills and a few envelopes from Father's office.

"Ivy?" Someone called.

I turned to find my curly haired neighbor standing there with a stack of mail in his own hands. A look of surprise was written on his face.

"Mr. Styles," I chuckled. "Funny seeing you here."

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"My parents are out of town for the day and asked me to pick up the mail."

"Oh," he chuckled. "Do you need a ride home?"

"Nope, my car's right out front. Thanks though."

I shut the mail slot and locked it. He followed me out of the cramped post office; both of us holding our stacks of mail close to us so no one could grab something.

"See you around Mr. Styles," I smirked as I got into my car and started up the engine.

•••

As I was playing with the spaghetti on my plate, the doorbell rang. One of the maids rushed out of the kitchen to answer the door but I stopped her and told her I'd get it. She nodded and scurried back to the kitchen.

I wiped the red sauce from the corners of my mouth and hurried to answer the door. They rang the doorbell just as I reached to open the door.

Within seconds a pair of lips crashed onto mine as soon as I opened the door. My eyes widened in surprise but I soon figured out that it was Mr. Styles.

He broke the kiss, "Chloe-Grace is at her grandparents tonight and I really need you."

Harry's words were slightly slurred so it wasn't hard to tell that he was a little intoxicated. I smirked at the grown man.

"Stay right here, I'll have to take care of the maids."