Chapter 15:

Ivy's POV

I end up having to have Father drop me off this morning on the way to work due to my car wouldn't start. So since he was still in work and Mother was off doing god knows what with her snobby friends from the club.

"Hey Carson, can you give me a ride home?" I pouted.

"I would love to baby, but you'll have to sit and wait through practice."

"Never mind," I sighed. "I'll just ask everyone else."

He nodded, "Sorry. Talk to you later?"

"Yeah, I'll text you when I get home."

I pecked Carson's lips before turning and hurrying to find someone to give me a ride before they all left. If I hadn't offered to help someone study today, I could be at home in sweats, curled up with Wuthering Heights.

When I got out to the parking lot, I found the odds were not in my favor. All my friend's cars were gone. The only remaining cars belonged to people in sports, teachers, and students who are stuck in detention. Then my eye caught onto one car I did not want to see; Harry's black Sedan.

As if the ice cold rain pouring down wasn't bad enough, Harry just HAD to pick today to bug me. Shouldn't the metal ring on your finger remind you, "Hey I'm married, let's leave the seventeen year old girl next door the hell alone."

If I'm not home soon, Mother will some how find out and flip out.

I rushed back inside to my locker and grabbed my large grey jacket I keep for during the winter and slid it on. It reached mid-thigh, just above the edge of my skirt. I zipped it up and headed back outside.

Harry was in his car, typing away on his phone like every time he's been here. I pulled my hood up to cover most of my face and began walking in a different direction away from his car, silently praying to God to help me make it past him.

I made it just out of the parking lot when a black Sedan pulled over onto the side of the road. The window on the driver's side rolled down to expose Harry's face.

"C'mon Ivy, just let me give you a ride home," he begged.

"I'm fine. Maybe I like the rain?"

He continued to drive slowly along the road next to me as I walked.

"Your father asked me to pick you up on the way home when I was leaving the office. If I don't, I'll seem like a huge douche bag."

"Little late for that, don't you think?"

"Ivy just get in the damn car."

"No," I spat towards him.

I yanked off my high heels so I could walk a little faster down the damp sidewalk. Now I was stuck with the sensation of wet socks. Anyone who's human understands the grossness of wet socks, no matter what it is that made your socks wet.

"Ivy just get in the car, please. I will drive like this all the way home if necessary. Either way you're stuck with me."

I glanced over at him before groaning and jogging around his car to hop into the passenger side. Harry Styles is truly the devil.

"Where's your prick of a boyfriend? Run off with his little friends and left you stranded."

"He's stuck at school for a few hours with extra curricular," I replied calmly.

"I don't like the son of a bitch," he spat with disgust.

"Well you know what Harry, I don't give two flying shìt's about who you like and who you don't like. I stopped caring the second I found out the guy I sucked his dick, has a wife. Carson is my boyfriend so just deal with it."

The rest of the car ride remained in awkward silence. I was almost half tempted to turn on the radio because let's face the facts, it's a awkward car ride if there's no music going.

What felt like hours later, Harry was pulling up his driveway.

"Thanks for the ride.. Mr. Styles."

I slid my high heels back on and grabbed my backpack that was rest at my feet and climbed out. My jacket that was just beginning to dry was once again soaked by the heavily pouring rain.

Typical London weather for you.

I walked as fast as I could along the pathway to the front door without tripping in my high heels. I hurried inside just as one of the maids was walking past; nearly scaring the living day lights out of her.

"You're soaked Miss. Ivy."

"I didn't notice Jackie," I sarcastically replied.

"Let's go get you dried up before you catch a cold."

•••

I lay underneath my comforter in complete silence, just stating up at the ceiling. Right now I was bored out of my mind.

Mother got home while Jackie was helping me get dried up and completely agreed with Jackie that I stay in bed and try to get heated back up. She claimed I couldn't afford to get sick right now since I have finals coming up.

If I don't pass finals this week, I'll have to take this grade over again and I won't graduate a year early like Mother wants. She just wants something else to brag about to the other women her age at the club.

Her and her "friends" sit around the club downtown, drinking tea, and gossiping for hours. I went with her once so she could "show me off" and within a hour I was already about to loose my mind.

My phone that was stuffed under my mattress buzzed. I had put it there so Mother couldn't take it. She took my laptop, iPad, iPod, and Kindle just so I could rest and not grow a habit of laying around being lazy.

I glance out my barely open bedroom door and found the hallway empty. Mother was most likely downstairs yelling at the maids or reading.

-Unknown: I'm really sorry.-

-Ivy: I think you have the wrong number.-

-Unknown: Is this Ivy?-

I furrowed my eyebrows as I typed: -Ivy: Yeah, who's this?-

"Unknown: It's Harry. I got your number off you father's list of emergency contacts on his desk at the office-

-Ivy: I'll have to remind him to burn the list after I change my number.-

-Unknown: C'mon Ivy, you told me you weren't looking for anything serious. Now you're dating Carson and ignoring me.-

-Ivy: Because you're a happily married asshole with a daughter that almost caught me kissing her daddy-

-Unknown: I thought I was your "daddy" ;)-

-Ivy: Go to hell, asshole-

I turned my cell phone off and shoved it back under my mattress.