Chapter 16:

Ivy's POV

A fake smile was worn on my face as my mother drug me around the club, proudly showing me off. This wasn't how I wanted to spend the evening of my eighteenth birthday. I'm finally legal to go get a drink at a bar. I should be out with friends right now.

"She's absolutely stunning. Has she met Brian yet?" The older lady suggested.

"Actually, she already has a boyfriend. He's absolutely charming. Maybe we'll get him to come to the club with us one day?"

"In his coffin," I mumbled to myself.

As the two ladies began going back and forth talking about me, I slipped away to try and find something to entertain myself. This wasn't even a birthday party so I didn't even get a five dollar bill.

"Finally escape your mother?" Father chuckled as Harry and him walked up.

"Yep, she's made my birthday a living hell. My first night of being legal and I can't do a dam- darn thing."

Father laughed as he lifted his glass of whiskey to his lips.

"Maybe I'll talk your mother into letting you go out with your friends? I'll be right back."

I watched as father walked away from us, towards mother who was now in a group of ladies discussing how perfect Carson and I are together.

"Sucky eighteenth birthday?" Harry lightly chuckled.

"Who invited you?"

He cleared his throat, "Your father. He said he would be bored as hell and needed a guy he could stand here."

I nodded, "Where's your wife?"

"At home, with Chloe-Grace," he looked as if he we holding back a cringe.

"I convinced your mother to let you out for a few hours. Make sure your cell phone's full charged and don't drive if you drink even just a sip of alcohol."

"Thank you," I smiled at Father but glanced at Harry as I finished my sentance. "Daddy."

He kissed my cheek as he handed me the keys to my car and a fifty dollar bill. I accepted both things and nearly ran out of the club.

•••

Carson held onto my hips as our lips wildly locked together. Music boomed around us in the steamy club atmosphere. This was more of what I imagined for my eighteenth birthday. Me sitting in a club, making out with a McDreamy (yes I got that off Grey's Anatomy), while I'm wearing a short tight dress that would kill Mother.

He groaned as I grinded my hips into his.

Carson wasn't exactly the ideal McDreamy for my eighteenth birthday, but he wasn't that bad looking. He was a second close to Andrew Garfield but it's a very close second.

I pulled away with a huge smirk, "Let's save that for later. I want to drink."

"Fine, bring me back a beer."

I climbed off his lap and walked through the packed dance floor. Leaning against the bar stood Harry with Lilly sitting on the stool next to him.

"What the hell?" I muttered.

They didn't notice me so I acted like I didn't see them. I shoved myself into a pack of people and waited for the bartender to notice me.

After I finally got our drinks, I was just walking away from the bad when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned to find Harry and Lilly standing there with their drinks in their hands.

"Happy birthday, legal," Lilly smiled.

"Uh.. thanks. What are you two doing here?"

"I told your father I'd keep an eye on you."

"You two didn't see Carson and I a minute ago. Did you?"

"We won't tell your parents. We know what it was like to be young once," she winked.