Chapter 22:

What I listened to while I wrote this: Try- Pink (on repeat ❤️💗❤️)

Ivy's POV

The cold air sent chills down my spine as I walked through the cold December air. My feet were soaking wet from all the snow I've walked through.

Shelby's still pissed at me, Mother won't even look at me, and Father and her have been fighting at night when they think I'm asleep.

"Ivy!" Someone called.

I looked back and saw Harry driving alongside the road.

"Leave me the hell alone," I spat.
"Why are you so pissed?"

I shook my head and continued walking, picking up my speed the best I could in high heels.

"C'mon, please tell me why you're so pissed at me?" He pleaded.

I stopped and turned to look at him.

"Father told me the real reason you and Lilly moved here; for reasons other than a job offer."

His tanned face paled.

"You're so f*cking disgusting. How could even do that? To Lily especially, or Chloe-Grace even."

Harry switched his car into park and hopped out. He ran over to me and tried to grab my hips but I pushed and slapped him to get out of his grip.

"Please just hear me out?"
"Hear what? You confessing to being a two timing slimy pig?"

"I never cheated on Lilly back then."

I broke my hand out of his grip and smacked him across the face.

"You ever speak another word to me, I will go straight to Lilly and tell her everything that ever happened between us."

I broke out of his grip and ran.
•••

When I finally got up to my room, I broke down finally. I knew better than to get involved with a man older than me.

I knew the chances of getting hurt would be high, but I was stuck in daydream of this Nicholas Sparks movie in my head.

He has a wife and a daughter, and I got in the middle of it all.

"Ivy? What's wrong?" Jackie knocked on my door.

I couldn't even get any words out, only big unattractive sobs. She closed the door behind herself and sat down next to me.

Her arms wrapped around me as I sobbed into her lap.

My whole world felt like it was being torn apart, all by a man named Harry Styles.

The pain in my chest was unbearable. It felt like someone was stabbing me in the chest with a knife over and over again.

"You can tell me anything dear," Jackie soothed.

I held my sobs back, "What I'm about to tell you cannot be retold to anyone."