#3 The Dinner

A/N
Peep the song. Ok back to the story.

Y/N POV

Everyone was cheering you on. You and Tayler then let go of each other and just stared at each other.

It was the night of the dinner. Tayler had come home with me and max. While he was here I avoided him at all costs. He soon gave up and just hung out with Bryce and Max till dinner. I was sitting in my room doing homework when the doorbell rang. I walked downstairs and saw that Mr. and Mrs. Holder had arrived.

Mrs. Holder - Hi Y/N dear. It's been so long since I saw you.

You - Hi! I know, I've just been a bit busy. It's so nice to see you.

She pulls you in for a hug. You pull away when you hear the boys come downstairs from Brce's room. Tayler looks at you for a second then looks at his parents.

Tayler - Hey mom and pops. How was work?

Mr. Holder - Hey son. Same as usual.

Mrs. Holder - Hi dear. * She kisses his cheek*

Y/M - Why don't we go and sit and eat the food. You guys came just in time, I just took out the food. I made all the regulars. Pasta for Y/N. Burgers and fries for the boys. And for the adults salad and steak.

We all went to the dining room and sat where we always sit. It was the dad's on the ends of the table. Then it was me, Tayler, and his mom on one side. Across from us was my mom, Bryce, and Max. Once we were seated we all held hands and Mr. Holder said prayer this time. While me and Tayler were holding hands he interlocked our fingers. I looked at him and he had a smirk on his face. Once Mr. Holder finished, I extracted my hand quickly. We all started getting our food and putting it on our plates.

Y/M - So kids how was school?

Max - It was okay. It was pretty boring until I went to the tracks to watch Y/N and Tayler. Y/N did awesome!!! And she did these cool tricks, you guys have to see her. Tayler got better but never better than Y/N

Tayler and I smiled.

Bryce - Eh I don't really care for school. But I did see Addison today. She smiled at me but we didn't talk.

Addison is Bryce's ex girlfriend. They broke up this summer. They ended on good terms but just don't talk. Bryce has been trying to win her back.

Mrs. Holder - Y/N sweety any boys?

Tayler and Bryce looked at me immediately.

You - umm I am not sure how I feel, but there is someone.

Bryce - Well he better be ready to get his a** kicked. No boys. I've already had enough from the last one. You know this.

Tayler just shifted and looked somewhat sad, but it disappeared within a second.

Y/D - Tayler how was practice, still going strong?

Tayler - Yes Sir. Better than last time. Even Y/N admitted it.

Everyone looked at me surprisingly.

You - WHAT can I not give him a compliment?

Bryce - That's funny. You never give compliments to Tayler.

I just rolled my eyes.

We all just talked about school and what we did during summer. After dinner me and Tayler washed dishes. I always wash them but Tayler offered to help. I was going to decline but then my mom gave me the "don't be rude" look. So here we are. We were in complete silence just doing the dishes when...

Tayler - Why were you avoiding me

You - I wasn't

Tayler - Yes you were. Wherever I was you left the second you saw me. I get were not like buddies but you don't care if I'm in the room. So why were you avoiding me.

You - No reason just didn't want to be there. So when did you learn those tricks you did at practice today?

Tayler - During summer. Had a lot of free time and I wanted to keep my place as captain, so I had to train.

You just nod.

Tayler - So why'd you come to school early today?

I froze. Did he see something? Did he see me play the piano? Is he going to tell everyone?

Tayler - Y/N.....Y/N helloooo

You - Huh what?

Tayler - Are you going to answer my question?

You - Oh ummm nothing just wanted to be early. Did you follow me? Wait....Why were you there early?

Tayler - You really expect me to believe that? *He scoffed*. And no I didn't follow you, I'm not a creep. Anyways I was there to fix my bike up before practice. I didn't land something and messed up the bike a little. So I went to fix it up for practice.

You - Oh ok.

You and Tayler finished dishes. After a while of just hanging out with everyone the Holders left for the night. I went upstairs and finished any HW and took a shower. Once I was done I layed in bed and watched Riverdale for a while. I soon fell asleep.

A/N
Hope you enjoyed this one. Leave any side notes. Any recommendations. Any feedback. Have a nice day!