Chapter 7

Ebony

I think for a moment or two I fell asleep crying, because I wake up to a gasping Caroline who is very most certainly alive.

"Caroline!" I gasp as I see her wince as she grasps her neck rubbing it while whining in pain.

"That bitch snapped my neck!" She exclaims standing up clearly annoyed, leaving me sitting here in shock as my literally just dead Best friend strolls around my room like she didn't just get her neck snapped.

"Caroline" I whisper, silently freaking out, but she doesn't even notice me as she paces the room restlessly and I try and piece the puzzle together.

I hear a small "Ouch!" From her side of the room but ignore it as I try and concentrate.

She died. Damon killed her. But now she's alive. But how? Different questions and theory's run through my brain making me feel light headed, Caroline's pacing making me dizzy.

"Caroline!!!" I yell this time, freaking out. "How can't you be so...alive?" I question my eyes wide with confusion.

"Crap yeah your a new-bee with the whole vampire situation" She laughs nervously as she sits down next to me, avoiding my watchful stare. "So basically because I'm a vampire I can heal fast, so when Damon killed me I healed the broken bones and whatever and so I came back..?" Her answer comes out more like a question and I notice I'm probably the first person she explaining this to and I've just sat here and freaked out.

Top student. Not.

"Right" I nod and pretend to know exactly what she's going on about.

"I don't know about you but I seriously need a drink" Laughing, I shove her arm shaking my head at her 'I don't care' tone.

"Only you would say that after just being killed!" I shake my head again "No drinking, you need to rest" I tell her putting my best 'don't even try and argue with me' face on, let's just say the face...doesn't work.

"Whatever Mrs. I'm freaking out" She laughs at me shoving me when I don't smile back.

"I thought you where dead Caroline, it wasn't funny" I say this, slightly annoyed at her taking the mick but slightly amused at her childish comment.

"Well I'm just glad you got rid of dodgy Damon" Her sarcastic bitter tone catches me off guard as she speaks about Damon and I pull a confused face.

"I haven't got rid of him" I remind her quietly, earning a look from her.

"He killed me" She tells me.

"You came back" I remind her quickly defending him again.

"Wow Ebony? It doesn't matter then right?" She's upset, her voice holds betrayal.

"Caroline, of course it does" Sighing I carry on. "Listen I'm going over in a sec, I'll talk to him, okay?" My promise is true as I need to see Stefan anyways.

"Your going over?" Caroline questions.

"To see Stefan" I explain myself quickly earning a roll of the eyes from Caroline.

"Yeah whatever, think you've got the wrong brother there" Her voice is accusing but I chose to ignore it.

"Me and Damon are just friends" I tell her as i quickly change my top and fling my hair up into a messy bun. And the truth is I honestly don't know what we are. But i do know that i want to be something more than 'just friends'.....

"Yeah and me and Tyler are just friends that kiss a lot" Her sarcastic voice makes me roll my eyes in annoyance and i have to fight back the urge to tell her to piss off.