Chapter 3

Ebony

By the end of the day I had forgotten all about my paranoia and stress about lies and secrets when Caroline Forbes took me under her wing.

"You have to sleep mine tonight!" My new found friend Caroline squeals to me in excitement. "And that wasn't a question" She laughed at my shocked face as did everyone else.

"Don't worry, she's like all the time...you get used to it" Stefan's whisper wasn't exactly discreet as Caroline gasps dramatically.

"Stefan! I trusted you not to tell my secret" Her dramatic voice made everyone laugh, but I was yet again reminded of the secrets being shared.

Damn them.

"Well, can I at least get some clothes for tomorrow please?" I plead to Caroline but notice the stubborn set in her jaw. "I need to ask my dad!" L.A.M.E excuse.

"Nope" Caroline pops the 'p' causing me to groan.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because" She simply states.

"Because what?" I question.

"Because I need some girl time with my new best friend" These words shock me. Bestfriend? I haven't had one of those in a while and it's only the first day...I glance around the group and notice a bitter look on Elena and Bonnie's face, in response I feel a confused frown come onto my face.

Again with them damn faces, I think I can even feel a slight ache in my jaw.

"Okay" I sigh in defeat, but notice this is a good thing. I can do some digging about what they are all keeping from me but at the same time bond with Caroline.

God, I'm so nosy. Lol.

"See you guys tomorrow" I sigh towards Elena and Bonnie but quickly give Stefan a hug. "Thank you for helping me out today Stefan" I mutter this into his neck.

"No problem, can't abandon a damsel in distress can I" His smile is cocky and with a jolt reminds me of that beautiful stranger that I met on my first day here. Freezing on the spot in amazement I get pulled back I to reality when Caroline tugs on my arm.

"You coming?" She questions as she gets into her car.

"Sure..." I whisper to myself as I get into her beautiful girly car.

The drive to Caroline's was silent. Not the uncomfortable silence, but the silence that suggested that I knew something or that I wanted to know something, her glances my way proved me right as when we got into her house she turned to face me abruptly.

Okay, here goes nothing.

"Someone or something has got you all strange, I know I've only met you today by I know, okay, I'm a girl to, and your not leaving this house until you've spilled." She sighed, obviously happy with her little speech, but I had a hard time holding in my giggle, she is so...out there.

I honestly think she's the type of person who would make the absolute worst of times better and happier, she's helped me so much today. I don't want to screw it up but assuming something stupid.

Soooo....I bottle it.

"I guess I'm just feeling a little homesick..?" My lie comes out more like a question than an answer but I don't think she notices as she scrunches up her eyebrows in confusion.

"I thought it was your choice to move here?" Her question surprises me, but I relies suddenly she doesn't know about the death of my mother.

"No, defiantly not" I put on a laugh even though I know what I'm going to tell her will bring me to tears. "M-my mum died...and my dad couldn't handle the terrible memory's of her passing. He got depression and..." I stutter this as I start blubbering. I feel warm tears brim in my eyes and cloud my vision as I well up.