Chapter 10

Ebony

I wake up gasping for air as someone shakes me awake urgently and fiercely

I wake up gasping for air as someone shakes me awake urgently and fiercely. My yes fling open and I come face to face with Damon. I sigh with relief but that feeling quickly disappears.

"Damon? What's wrong? Are you okay?" I question him straight away, completely shocked at his almost scared facial expression. Almost.

"No.." He trails of, but his face perks up, obviously responding to something he's hearing that I can't. "I'm so sorry Ebony." He apologises and I frown, cupping his cheek affectionately but he rips it away, his face filled with pain.

"Damon?" I question again, "What's gone on?"

"Ebony, please listen-" He begins talking, so fast I nearly loose him, that's before Elena rushes in looking shocked to see that Damon is here.

"Elena?" I ask, my voice filled with obvious confusion.

She hates you, why is she here? The annoying voice of reason sounds in the back of my mind as I shift closer to Damon uncomfortable under her hard eyes.

They both share a look, Damon's filled with desperation however Elena's is filled with..smugness. As if she's won or something.

Gripping Damon's arm I sigh, looking up to his blue eyes in confusion, "What's going on, Damon?" I ask, and he closes his eyes, as if having great difficulty looking at me right now. I tug on his arm, waiting for a response when Elena speaks up, her voice spiteful.

"I wouldn't sit so close to him if I were you, Ebony.." She's in my face now, smirking when my eyebrows furrow.

"And whys that?" I don't even know if I want to know the answer, I just know I need to hear it.

"Should you tell her? Or should I?" Elena's voice is spiteful and i wince when Damon ignores her and she shrugs.

"Well, you've shared that it was a vampire that killed your dearest mother? Correct?" Elena smirks, "And you want to find and kill the vampire that did it? Yes?" She asks me, but we both know the answer so I just nod. "Well here he is. The monster that slaughtered your mother." She smirks but I'm confused for a second before I stiffen. "Your welcome."

Looking up to Damon, I stiffen under his look of complete and utter guilt. "You?" I whisper the word out, my voice showing my betrayal.

"My work here is done!" Elena sings this happily before rushing over to Damon and breaking his arm. "Told you I would tell her, dick." And with them words she leaves me and him, staring at each other.

"You?" I whisper out the word again and wait for a response.

"Ebony-" He begins to talk but I can't listen to anything he has got to say.

"You killed my mom! You ruined my family!" I accuse this shouting wildly as I make a run for the door and am stopped obviously.

"I didn't know you then! I didn't-"