Chapter 2

Ebony

Waking up at 7 wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but deciding i would rather get out of this house i quickly dress into my black skinny jeans with my black lacy top. I'm not a goth, but for some reason it just suits me.

Missing breakfast i head to school early. I'm gonna look like a eager new student...but the Truth is I'm so scared. What if everyone hates me? What if they think I'm weird? Freaking out i walking into school and decide to go round to the bleachers where a young boy was sitting with a cigarette.

"Whats your excuse?" I ask lighting one for myself and taking a small puff.

"Dead parents, needy sister" He tells me, and sends a stoner smile my way. "What about a lovely young girl like yourself, Smoking is bad for you, you know.." as he says this he takes another puff as if to prove a point.

"Dead Mom, depressed dad equals rebellious daughter" I laugh at this "I think you win." smiling sadly at my cigarette I throw it to the floor. "I'm Ebony" I hold my hand out to shake his he ignores this gesture but does tell me his name.

"Jeremy..or as my sister would like to call me 'stoner kid'" he scrunches his face up at the nickname and looks at me properly. "I saw you yesterday, you've just moved in across the street haven't you?" His face brightens and i laugh at his eager tone.

"That was me...unfortunately.." i grumble as i stand.

"Where you going?" his face drops

"School, jer" i laugh and see him smile at the nickname.

"Ill introduce you to my sister and her friends if you like? You'll like them they're pretty cool" New friends already, this must be my lucky day. "But don't say anything about me smoking" Now i start laughing.

"Ahaha no worries, my dad doesn't know I smoke either, though I would love to see his priceless reaction.." trailing of in wonder we both start laughing as we head over to a group of three girls and one extremely attractive guy..Jeremy started introducing me to the brunette girl directly next to me.

"Elena this is Ebony, Ebony is my sister Elena" Turning to face Elena he started speaking again. "Ebony has just moved into the house opposite ours and its her first day today..so i figured because your in the same year you could show her around like the fantastic person you are" You couldn't miss the sarcasm dripping from his voice, so i try to stifle a small laugh with a cough. Elena ignored him though and turned to face me a small and obvious fake smile plastered on her face.

"Its lovely to meet you Ebony, ill help you settle right in" for some reason she strangely reminded me of someone i met ages ago.... But suddenly Elena stops speaking and glares at Jeremy. "Have you been smoking?" her voice sounds hostile and accusing and i can tell that if dont say something then i would feel bad so I decide to hold up my small packet of cigarettes.

"That's me," I shrug my shoulders feeling kinda guilty, I smile guiltily as i put them back into my pocket. "I've been stress smoking i guess..." i share a quick glance at Jeremy and get a appreciative smile sent my way.

"Oh, sorry jer I've just been on edge lately.." He just nods at her obviously annoyed at the fact she accused him of smoking in front of everyone and then he leaves, not even saying bye to me.

Dick.

I was then introduced to the rest of the group. The other brunette was called Bonnie Bennett, I thought she was so nice and beautiful but i believe that she could have a edge to her if you messed with her. The other beautiful blonde girl was Caroline Forbes, she was so happy and nice to me and we instantly clicked together which felt great. And last but not least was the handsome Stefan Salvatore his green eyes sparkled down to me as he took my hand and kissed it...just like that mysterious hot guy did yesterday..but i just couldn't shake the feeling of secrets where being shared without me being involved. Suddenly realising that these people where most probably best friends from a young age and I've just came in, an outsider, ill never fit in properly, my confidence shrinks.