Chapter Seven, Goblin's Gold Part 2

Merlyn made it back to her chambers and just like she thought Gaius was not impressed with her. Not at all.
"What have I told you about letting your curiosity get the best of you, Merlyn?" Gaius asked crossly before he sighed and thanked her for 'The Bestiary'. Once she'd helped him put away all of the ingredients and all of the potions ready to be delivered or stocked on the shelves, they started to look through their books on magical creatures searching for what Merlyn had unwittingly unleashed upon Camelot. Hoping it wasn't anything too dangerous and that they could find a way to trap it before it does too much damage.
"That's it." Merlyn said, stopping Gaius from turning another page.
"It seems you've unleashed a Goblin." Gaius told her.

"I know that face. It's not good, is it?" Merlyn asked nervously.
"Goblins are the most mischievous of creatures." Gaius explained.
"I gathered that when it threw a large tomb right at me and hit me between my shoulder blades." Merlyn said.
"Let me see." Gaius said, concerned as he pulled the back of the dress down a bit once Merlyn had undone the ties, revealing a large nasty purple bruise. "I'll put some paste on the bruise before you go to bed. It'll take a few days to go down and you will be stiff and sore so take it easy." Gaius instructed firmly. "But back to the Goblin, they are mischievous and dangerous. They will stop at nothing to get their hands on the one thing they value above all others — gold."
"Gaius," Arthur called as he came into the room. "My father needs you with a matter of extreme urgency and delicacy."

"What's wrong?" Merlyn asked.
"It's better if you just see. And I warn you Merlyn don't laugh. Gaius and I value you too much." Arthur said sternly, though to Merlyn and Gaius he was merely worried.
"Let's go then." Gaius said, shooing them out of the chambers. Once they got to the corridor that held Uther's chambers there were two guards stationed outside as was customary, but one of the guards was trying and failing to hold in his laughs as little sniggers fell past his lips.
"If you value your lives then I wouldn't even think of laughing, am I clear?" Arthur asked the guards sternly with a fierce glare.
"Yes, Sire." The guards agreed with a bow of the head. The sniggering guard apologised quietly as Arthur walked past them into his father's chambers.
"Father?" Arthur called, as the chambers appeared to be seemingly empty.