Chapter Twenty-Seven, Queen of Hearts

As the wind howled against the castle walls, the windows rattling in their frames from the force of wind, Morgana was tossing and turning in her bed as a vision played behind her closed eyelids. And it tormented her.

It was a vision of Arthur as King and he was crowning his maidservant; Merlyn as his Queen and no one was objecting. Instead they all looked happy. In the crowds she spotted Gwen in a Lady in Waiting dress that put her dresses to shame. Just below the Dias stood Gwaine looking at the blue eyed woman, who he had loudly proclaimed as his sister, with adoring eyes. Morgana hated it. She gated every little bit of it. She wanted to wake up for surely this was a nightmare; but no it was her vision. Her sister had long since taught her to differentiate between them.

"By the Sacred Laws vested in me, I pronounce you Merlyn, Queen of Camelot." Arthur said, helping Merlyn stand and they both took their seats upon the throne."

Morgana suddenly sat up in bed with a gasp waking up from her sleep that her vision kept her bound in. However, she heard one of the voices she least wanted to hear at that moment, as she climbed out of bed and faced the window.
"Is everything all right, My Lady?" Gwen asked.
"I'm fine. It's late. You should go to bed." Morgana said tersely, turning back to the window.
"Goodnight." Gwen said, as she left the room. Morgana didn't reply.
Early the next morning just as the sun rose Morgana heard her name being whispered in the wind, her sister's voice.
"Sister."
"Sister." As she couldn't see her anywhere, and only heard her, Morgana decided to follow the voice.
"Sister. This way." Morgause's voice whispered once again, a door opening at the end of the corridor.

As Morgana came closer to the door that led to a disused and extremely dusty old storage room a torch came to life, smirking Morgana grabbed the torch and climbed the steps into the tower.
"Hello sister." Morgause said, from behind Morgana, once the brunette was in the middle of the room. Gasping Morgana dropped the torch and hugged her sister tightly.
"I can't tell you how good it is to see you." Morgana whispered in her ear.

"I received your message. Tell me about these dreams that are so troubling to you." Morgause requested, pulling back from Morgana but held on to her hands.
"They show a ceremony in Camelot. It's Arthur's serving girl, Merlyn. She sits beside Arthur on a throne. She's crowned Queen, and my serving girl is her Lady in Waiting, she has a higher standing than she does now. She also has prettier dresses than me.

I see the same thing night after night." Morgana explained, a frown upon her face.
"There are some dreams that are so powerful your healing bracelet will not stop them. It is a prophecy." Morgause explained.
"How can that be?" Morgana demanded. "Merlyn's a servant. Uther would never allow Arthur to marry her."
"There are many futures, sister. Some are shrouded in mist and there are others that are clear as cut glass. But your gift is powerful. And this vision cannot be ignored. You cannot allow this serving girl to take your rightful place upon the throne. Whatever relationship exists between Arthur and... Merlyn, you must destroy it." Morgause ordered.

"Don't worry sister, I will do whatever it takes. And if Merlyn is no longer taking my rightful place upon my throne, Gwen cannot and will not be the Lady in Waiting." Morgana agreed, a nasty smirk on her face as she bid her sister goodbye and headed off to find her maidservant, Gwen and inform her about her plan for Merlyn and Arthur to have a date. All Gwen and Merlyn were to her were servants; no longer were they the dear friends they once were. She knew if she tricked Merlyn into going on a date with Arthur she would be suspicious of her motives, but if it came from Gwen she wouldn't bat an eye.

 She knew if she tricked Merlyn into going on a date with Arthur she would be suspicious of her motives, but if it came from Gwen she wouldn't bat an eye