Chapter Three, Tears of Uther Pendragon Part 2

Gaius and Arthur were beside themselves with worry. Unfortunately only Gaius could show it out in public unless Arthur wanted Merlyn banished from Camelot. Which he didn't. He not only had Merlyn's disappearance to worry about, but his father's illness too. Hatred had started to boil within him every time he saw Morgana now, it was her fault his father was ill he just knew it, and the reason he had to assume control before he was meant to, and now Merlyn was missing and he had a feeling she had something to do with it.

***

In a deep cave in the mountains was where Merlyn lied, being watched over by Kilgharrah. Slowly Merlyn started coming round, first it started with a twitch of her fingers, then with a soft groan. As her eyes adjusted to the dim light she spotted Kilgharrah watching her intently.
"Thank you." Merlyn said weakly. "But I didn't think you'd answer my call."
"Merlyn, I could not resist a DragonLord even if I wanted to." Kilgharrah's deep timbered voice soothed the young Mage.
"I'm grateful. Thank you, Kilgharrah." Merlyn said as she tried to sit up only to groan in agony. "Ow. My head."

"Lie still." Kilgharrah commanded. "The Serkets' poison is powerful. I have given you an enchantment to help you heal, but it will take time." Kilgharrah explained looking concerned, as much as a dragon could, as Merlyn succumbed to unconsciousness once more.

Back in Camelot, Gaius was trying to distract himself by busying himself with his work when Arthur came into his chambers.
"Is there any sign?" Gaius asked hopefully. Arthur froze, not wanting to diminish the hope in Gaius' eyes but he also didn't want to give him false hope either.
"I'm sorry Gaius." Arthur apologised. "I'll keep looking, I promise." Arthur swore when Gaius slumped down into his chair.
"If only I could arrest Morgana and question her, but we have no proof." Arthur groaned as he sat at the table opposite Gaius.
"She's probably left Merlyn at the mercy of her sister." Gaius sighed, not relishing that thought.
"Don't worry Gaius, I'll find Merlyn." Arthur swore before he left the chamber to go to his archery session and send men to find Merlyn. For now he'll just have to put up with George.