Contest Entree (#8): Miss_Pure_Seahawker

"Everyone evacuate camp now!" Firestar yowls loudly making me jump up frightened. "Come on Briarpaw," Millie ushers me out of camp wrapping her banner around me protectively. We exit camp with Blossompaw and Bumblepaw following close behind me. "Someone help me Mousefur is still in there!" Longtail wails not wanting to leave his den mate behind. "I'll go with you," I volunteer seeing as no one else is. "It's to dangerous," Millie pulls me closer to her making sure I can't leave her motherly grasp. I suck underneath her, "I promise I will be right back," I lick her soothingly. She nods and I quickly catch up with Longtail. I'm on the edge the whole time as the only sound is the panting of Longtail breathing. We reach the elders den and find Mousefur eating a mouse. "It's disrespectful wasting prey, what would Starclan think of us?" She manages to speak through a mouthful of food and glares at me crossly. "We have to go now unless you want to die," she still looks at me crossly but gets up slowly. I guide her and Longtail towards the entrance and that's when I hear a sound like a loud thunderclap. A large oak tree the size of the whole camp slowly falls down. Mousefur is standing right in the way of it. Before I can stop him Longtail jumps infront of Mousefur pushing her out of the way. "Longtail no!" She yowls but is to weak to move. I run over to him trying to push him out of the way but he's to heavy. Looking back I wished I had never did that. The tree falls down trapping me and Longtail underneath it. I let out a bloodcurdling screech the excruciating pain in my legs almost causing me to pass out. The blackness dots at the edge of my vision an my head slumps to the ground. I wake up a couple days later wondering why I'm there. "Briarpaw, Longtail is dead. Littlecloud had a patient similar to you called Wildclaw. He was injured when a burrow caved in on him and his legs were bruised like yours. He wasn't able to move his hind legs because his backbone was broken. Now I'm going to nip your spine lightly and if you feel anything let me know," Jayfeather comes closer to me and lightly nips my spine. I nod showing him I can feel it and he gets lower. As he gets lower I shake my head. He narrows his eyes, "That's what I thought, Briarpaw, you won't ever be able to walk on your hind legs again. Luckily Wildfur didn't die from that because he had a serious cough and fluid that filled up in his lungs from sitting in his nest the whole time," Jayfeather looks at me slightly worried and Millie who suddenly appears looks at Jayfeather shocked. "She doesn't need to hear that!" She exclaims and glances at me worriedly. An anger bubbles up underneath my skin, "Everything is to difficult, Longtail died because I couldn't save him and Honeyfern died protecting me from that adder!" Everyone falls silent and looks at me concerned. "We'll keep you alive by giving you exercises and using your front legs," Jayfeather stares at me dead in the eyes and nods at me.