Contest Entree (#1): Dragon_Slayer123

Swiftpaw's POV

I trotted confidently up the path to Snakerocks, my tail held high. I was confident I could beat whatever was taking our prey! It was probably just a stupid rogue, or maybe a fox. Bluestar was a fool for not exploring sooner.

No. I thought, Bluestar's just a fool.

We were old enough to become Warriors. We should have became Warriors moons ago!

Brightpaw was padding beside me, a hint of fear in her beautiful green eyes. She wasn't sure about my idea. But that didn't matter. I would protect her.

I crouched as we neared Snakerocks, hearing Brightpaw do the same. We both silently stepped on too the rocks, our eyes flitting about, searching for any scent of danger.

And then the smell hit me.

I gagged as the putrid stench of dog dung and just dog in general flooded my senses. Thinking back from up here, the sound my gagging created may have been what alerted the dogs in the first place.

"Swiftpaw, we need to go back!" Brightpaw hissed, but I stood my ground. No stupid dog was gonna scare me off.

Speaking of said dog, a massive brown and black beast with a thick skull and sharp, drooling fangs walked out of the cave, snarling.

I arched my back, determined to tear this thing to shreds. We could handle one stupid do-

Five more dogs followed the original.

I unsheathed my claws as fear entered my eyes.

It was like a stand off, waiting to see who would attack first.

The dogs did.

All five jumped at us, and I screeched as one picked me up by the spine and shook me around as a thrashed, snarling. The dog threw me to the ground, and I leapt to my feet.

I jumped at the dog, raking my claws over it's nose, digging my claws inside one of its nostrils. The beast howled in pain, and I felt a surge of triumph, until another dog picked my up by my scruff and launched me at a tree.

I screamed in agony as I get a pone in my leg snap. I struggled to my paws, though, once I saw Brightpaw thrown into a rock. As I stood up, ignoring the pain, I let out a howl of pure terror as I saw a green eye rolling past.

Another dog charged me with terrifying speed, blood and saliva flying out of it's mouth. It latched on to me, and I felt it's claws rip the fur and skin from my back. I managed to pull myself away and dashed for the tree, and yanked myself up, ignoring the pain in my leg. As I climbed high, I felt a surge of hope go through me. If I could get high enough, I could scream for help. Surely a patrol would hear me. Surely a-

Terror pulsed through me as I felt teeth clench down on my tail, dragging me to the ground. As a dog pinned me to the earth, and blood began to fill my eyes, I started lashing out with my claws randomly, screeching insults and curses.

But suddenly, I felt teeth on my neck, and everything went black.