Contest Entree (#5): Coldfrost

Tigerstar's POV

I stared at the small black cat, his eyes gleamed with confidence. His grin told me he was ready to fight and from the battle, I should be careful not to let my guard down. Wait, what was I thinking, this little cat is so small I could crush him with one paw, this will be easy.

  I unsheathed my claws and a growl erupted from my muzzle, I would never let this kittypet win, he was barely large enough to be an apprentice. I rolled my shoulders and flexed my claws, I was the ruler of Tigerclan, soon to be ruler of the whole forest, no one could stop me.

  But a flicker of doubt flicked through my mind, what if I do lose? What if Scourge is stronger than me? I pushed away the thoughts, I can do this.

  Scourge let out a hiss and lowered his pointy ears against his head, his tail lashing. I felt the stares of the clan cats, hot on my back. 

  We began to slowly circle each other, crouched low to the ground and growling. Suddenly that fox-hearted black cat darted forward and tore his oddly long claws through my nose. I hissed in surprise and jumped back slightly. Scourge leaped me again and ripped the flesh above my eye. Blood flooded one eye and I shook it away.

  He was toying with me. This wasn't his best, we was holding back. I flung myself at him, yet he wasn't there was I landed. I looked up and saw him flashing another smile at me. I kicked up sand as I raced toward him my paws pounding against the ground. I jumped right at him and he raised his one white paw and...

  His claws sliced right through my underbelly, an agonizing pain flowed through my body as he ripped away through my organs and flesh. My eyes widened as I thumped to the ground. I lay in a pool of my own blood.

  Lights flashed before my eyes, I saw ancient cats standing there, but they were gone to fast. I had lost, Scourge had killed me, taken all of my lives in seconds. Tawnypaw... Bramblepaw...

  Suddenly I was padding through a dark, creepy, forest that stank of death and blood....