Contest Entree (#6): WarriorLover127

I crouch down in my hunting stance. I sniff the air opening my jaws to scent the prey. Lionheart nodded in approval and I sprung forward just barley missing the plump rabbit. This rabbit is my catch I think happily. The wind blowed it's scent my way and I grinned. It's only a tails length away, I growl under my breath. I had to catch this to prove that even though I am young I will be the best of all the apprentices.

"Greypaw!" Lionheart meows and I sigh, leaving the rabbit to scurry off. I dash over to Lionheart empty-pawed.

"Where did that rabbit go?" He asked firmly.

"I-I didn't catch it.." I mewed embarrassedly. Lionheart ran his tail down my back and I sigh with relief.

"Don't worry, you'll get it next time!" Lionheart purred softly. I nod, still upset, and follow him back to camp.

A couple of minutes later Lionheart growled clearly mad. I lift my head and catch a whiff of, ugh, kittypet. I hiss in return and run off in front of Lionheart. I see a reddish pelt and wonder who it belongs too. I tear off in the direction of the pelt and stop behind a bush growling softly. I see a confused red kittypet with a blue collar. He looked around and I spring out behind him sinking my claws into his delicate pelt. The cat was about my size and green eyes that were blazing with fear. I gasp as he throws me off his back. I scratch is belly and think, I cannot let this weak kittypet beat me. I prepare to throw him off as I hear pawsteps. Things ran through my mind. Is this a trick? Was this a planned out? Does this cat have family that will kill me in one hit? I throw him off and he wreaths in pain. I purr satisfied just before he sprung at me growling and baring his white teeth. I hear a familiar voice behind me and I see Bluestar.

"You put up a pretty good fight kittypet!" She said approaching the red kitty The cat took a step back.

"K-kitty-pet?" He asked shaking in fear.

"Yes. I cat that lives with the.. Twolegs." She said nearing him.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"I'm Rusty!" He said starting to lose the fear that was once In his voice. I hissed. Bluestar shouldn't be complementing this puny..Thing. I Looked at the cat long and hard.

"Well, for such a small cat, you're pretty strong and smart." Bluestar said and paused to think. "Though we don't like kittypets hunting in ThunderClan territory.." She trailed off.

Rusty stepped forward grinning softly. "Im only here to hunt a mouse or two...I'm sure there's enough to go around!" He said cheerfully.

Bluestar hissed and snarled,"Enough to go around! There is NEVER enough to go around!" She growled. Rusty stepped back and I almost felt bad, but pushing the thought away I bared my teeth at him.

Bluestar then relaxed, "Well, you could be welcomed. That is if you would like to be.." She trailed off looking around. "You'll have to give up your soft bed for ground and kittypet food for mice and respect our code..." She said walking around him. "I shall give you until tomorrow at sunrise to decide." She said starting to walk away. "Just remember.." She said turning to look at him. "It is a lot to sacrifice for a kittypet like you living here" she said running into the forest. I watched the small cat walk off in pure amazement.

I catch up to Bluestar and hiss. "Why would you offer that puny kittypet apart in our clan?!" I hissed, not aware I was being rude to my leader.

"Mousebrain Greypaw!" Lionheart hissed flicking me with his tail. I shrunk back embarrassed, but Bluestar ran her tail down my spine.

"Because he may be worthy..worthy of a warrior.." She said softly.