016

now playing

now playing..

"I've Got No Strings"
-The Andrews Sisters

-

"I'm like.. 75% sure this won't explode" You said, tightening up a bolt. This wasn't exactly what you wanted to be doing at nine-thirty at night.

Will sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I asked you to build a voice box, not a time bomb."

You laughed at his comment and continued working. "So you said this would go in like, the main character?"

  "Yes, Circus Baby. She's my favorite out of all of them." He seemed to reminisce of his own plans.

"Alright. Seems fair."

     It was quiet for a moment, the only sounds that could be heard is me working and the soft hum of the AC.

    "I'm sorry about Olivia."

"Yeah, I am too at this point. Learning to cope with it is difficult as ever." You didn't look up as you continued your work.

  "Halloween is right around the corner. Go enjoy yourself, you deserve it."

You finally looked up. "There is no way out of all people, you said that to me."

  He rolled his eyes. "Be glad I'm being polite, you twat."

  You laughed. "There's the Will I know."

  He just scoffed with an 'this is unbelievable' look. "Oh hush it, Afton. You're just like that all the time and you know it."

  He just chuckled.

   "You're so naive. So innocent. At least you look innocent." He said.

  "I've been told."

"What goes on in your head?" He asked. "I'm genuinely curious as to the things you think about."  

   You looked up. "I'm an adult, female. Would you really want to know?"

   "Well, I'm just curious." He said, looking down at me.

  "I'd rather not say." You put the tools back in the small toolbox quickly. "Alright it's done. Can I leave now?"

"Jeez, so eager to leave." William chuckled.

  "Yeah I'm tired of seeing your face."

      You stood up from the floor of his office, tidying up everything before taking your gloves off—a yawn leaving your lips.

  "Don't leave just yet. Come, stay a while and have a chat." He sat down and leaned back into his office chair, getting comfortable.

   "Why should I?"

  "I'll think about giving you a raise." He said with almost a singsong tone, his natural expression of an egotistical smile sitting right where it belongs.

  "Fine, just because I'm a fiend for money." You pulled a chair up to his desk, sitting across from him.

  "What do you wanna talk about, anyway?" You propped your feet up on his desk, your overalls hugging you tightly from the creases.

      "I want to talk about my latest models. You know what I'm doing, I'm sure Henry already told you, along with what I've shown you. This is going to be my Mona Lisa, my Starry Night."

    You could tell he's obviously passionate about these models, despite some of their questionable design choices.

  "I hate to admit that I like the enthusiasm, but what does this have to do with me?" You questioned, raising an eyebrow.

   "I want you to help me build them."

  "Help you build them? Shit, that's a lotta work." You lean back in your chair, eyeing the man.

  "I know, I know. But trust me on this. I'll pay you for it and everything. I'll even credit you, too."

  "I'll think about it." You stood up from your seat and made your way to the door before he called out your name.

  "Please do consider it." An assured smile sat on his face as you merely nodded and left the room.