004

now playing

now playing..

"Old Cape Cod"
-PATTI PAGE

-

         Your eyes scanned the office, picture frames of Henry and his family strung up in a few places. As well as his diplomas and other achievements through his years.

   Your mind couldn't help but think back to your aunt. You're basically homeless now, literally all of your belongings sitting in your car in the parking lot of Fredbear's.

The tall man hurried inside, and rushing to his desk. "I'm sorry, I was handling a few things."

Henry stood at a tall 5'11, his thin frame matching his slender hands as they found themselves on the top of his desk as he sat down.

His short brown hair had a small glint in it from the presumably new lights in his office, the streak or two of grey matching his aura, oddly enough. He wasn't that old, that being said, standing at thirty now.

"So I'm guessing you've brought me here to ask me not to press charges?" You snorted as you crossed your arms.

Henry laughs a little, still gathering things from his desk. "Yes, actually.. I just wanted to know your insight." He neatly stacks the papers in front of him before speaking again. "Alright. Before we begin, is your physical health improving?"

"Yeah, I'm doing really well actually. My mom would be bugging me about a job right now." A laugh left your lips. Henry returned a chuckle before beginning.

"So as you may know, most people have caught wind to what occurred lately, and how our business hasn't been too well since the incident."

You nodded, thinking to the murmurs of people spreading rumors and whatnot across Hurricane.

Henry sighed. "Which means theres a chance we may or may not be going into bankruptcy if this continues."

Before Henry could speak another word, there was a knock.

"Yes?" Henry asks.

"Henry, do you have a minute?" You could hear another voice say, though something itched at the back of your head for a split second. It bugged you. A lot.

"Not now, Will. In a second." Henry responded before returning his focus on you.

"Have you decided if you're taking legal action or not?" His voice was almost pleading, his worried expression overwhelming.

"Absolutely not, are you insane?" You scoffed. "You're already dealing with enough as is. I'm not gonna add to that pile of shit."

Henry seemed relieved, his shoulders no longer as tensed as before. His tired eyes seemed to stay as they were.

"You're gonna hate this but you'll have to speak to the police about the case as soon as the authorities arrive. For the meantime, you can either stay here or kill some time outside of the restaurant."

"Alright." You stated before your eyes gazed around the room once more for a moment.

You glanced back to where Henry was. He had his back turned towards you, looking through a filing cabinet.

He wore a white dress shirt, the ash-colored jacket we wore beforehand was draped over his office chair, his feet sliding the chair over slightly to where you could see his side profile.

He pulled a vanilla file out of the cabinet, looking intently at it before flipping it open. His hazel eyes skimmed over the page. His lips parted a small bit, reading silently.

Henry had long, slightly crooked fingers, with a few small scars littered on the top of his hand.

My mom always told you that you're an 'observer' type of person. You noticed small things in your surroundings. This was a good trait to have but it would cause unwanted and accidental staring.

You decided to look away before he noticed you staring. People often thought you were weird because of it, though you couldn't help it.

"How've you been feeling?"

You snapped out of your thoughts before looking over towards him. "I've been okay. I still have to wear bandages over my shoulder."

"I'm glad you've been getting better. It's kind of chilly outside." He chuckled.

"Yeah. That's Central America October for you."

"I'm surprised you're only wearing a thin jacket." He said, still reading the file.

"I didn't think it'd be this cold." You hugged yourself into the jacket draped around your shoulders.

It was quiet for a moment.

"That file seems to be real interesting." You joked, leaning over slightly to see him.

Henry chuckled. "Yeah. It's my co-worker's medical file. I had to hang onto it for a bit."

"Makes sense." You leaned back into your chair, facing him as he puts the file up. He stood still for a moment, seemingly in thought, before looking at you.

"Tell me about Olivia. I never got to know her."

You could almost smile at the thought of her, if it weren't for the fact that she had been murdered. The memories of her flooded through your mind.

"Oh, she was an amazing kid. Sure, she was shy and quiet at times but she had a loud heart. She always said she wanted to grow up to be like me and 'make robots'."

"She sounds like she got her ambition from you." Henry smiled before getting up from his chair, walking towards you.

"It's always nice to have someone else that has such a passion for robotics and engineering of this kind." He sat on the edge of his desk, legs almost touching yours as you lean back in the chair across from his desk.

You could see the slight stubble on his face, then noticing a small scar on his upper lip that was more prominent in the light.

Before you could open your mouth to speak, a knock startled the two of you.