008

now playing

now playing..

"Ring Of Fire"
-JOHNNY CASH

-

Your fingers grasped around the cold drink, tuning out the chatter of the restaurant as your friends bickered back and forth.

"You know you like her, man. Just come on, ask her out!" Ash slammed his milkshake down onto the table as his best attempts of being a wing-man fail.

"You know I can't. She's into that other guy. What was his name?" Julian asked.

"Tyler." You and Asher's voices mix as you both gave Julian the same response, the man sighing. "From high school."

"Of course his fucking name is Tyler." Julian muttered, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"Just come on, dude. She really seems to be into you, y'know? She talks about you a lot." Ash pokes Jules' shoulder as the blonde groaned.

"Well, this is one way to spend my lunch break, huh? Trying to push your coward self to get some confidence." You snorted, taking a sip of the milkshake in front of you.

Your eyes soon drifted over to the entrance of the building at the sound of the door opening. The familiar sandy hair put up in a high bun definitely caught your attention.

Mrs. Emily.

You muttered a swear under your breath as your eyes never left her—heels guiding her to her husband's office.

"What?" Ash asked. "Are you okay?"

"That's Henry's wife."

"So?" He questioned, leaning back into his chair as he sipped his drink.

"She's pissed off and this'll be the first time they talk in like, a week." You nearly winced at the thought of the other night.

"Oh, christ." Ash said, both of your sets of eyes glued to Henry's office door, waiting for something to happen. "You think she wants a divorce?"

"I hope not. The twins would be devastated." You muttered as the thought of the twins came to your mind.

Charlie and Sammy are only in kindergarten, dealing with something that big would absolutely crush them to bits.

Your name was called out from Audrey, peering her head from the arcade room. The smug grin on her face made you get up quickly and rush over to her.

"I beat your high score in Midnight Motorist." You almost comically gasped, placing a hand on your chest. "You did what?!"

Your eyes met with the dim screen of the arcade machine, the monochromatic and cool color pallet of the game burning the high score screen into your brain—the first three letters of Audrey's name at the top.

  "No fucking way." A mutter left your lips as Julian and Asher jogged into the room. "Henry's wife just dipped, you'd best go check on him." Ash nearly winced at the thought of her pissed expression.

"Yeah, she didn't look very pleased." Julian awkwardly laughed. "Your lunch break is about over anyways."

You checked your watch, before bidding your friends a goodbye as your feet led you to Henry's office.

  Fredbear's song had begun and the few children in the audience began to cheer. Business had gotten better-ish as the days went on.

You lightly knocked on the door. "Henry? You okay, dude?" Your question was responded with an 'it's unlocked'.

You cracked the door open, peering in. "Hey, I saw that she left. What the hell happened?"

  "Nothing, she just wanted to talk." He shuffled some papers around in his chair, expression rather solemn.

"Are you.. okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine." He gave a small smile. "Just tired." You didn't believe him in the slightest. You've always been able to read him rather well, and this isn't any different. Though you didn't want to push it any further.

  "Alright.. if you say so.. do you need anything?"

  "No, I'm fine. Will needs help backstage though." His eyes seemingly avoided yours as he swiveled his chair around to the filing cabinet.

  "Okay. I'll see you soon." Your hand reached for the door knob, giving him one last glance before exiting the room.

-

   "Oh my god, it's not that hard."

"Yes it is! You're thirty for Christ's sake! You have way more experience than I do." You fumbled with a few of the wires and boxes, gloved hands setting everything down.

  "You're thirty for Christ's sake- shut up." The brit mocked you, his impression of you not very amusing.

  "I love your impression of me." Your eyes rolled as you went back to what you were doing. He stepped beside you, before kneeling down to your level—looking you in the face.

  "Do you even know how these work?"

  "No, but I'd like to learn." Your eyes met with his, his expression much more unreadable than his co-workers'.

"I'll teach you, then. Partially because Henry would actually murder me if I refused. He'd try to, at least." A chuckle left his lips as he picked up a few circuits.

  "What do you mean 'try to'?" You snorted. "Watching you guys fight would be hilarious."

  William looked down at you with a much more condescending expression. "You're so oblivious to what I'm capable of." He said, the coldness in his voice harsher than before.

  "What the hell do you mean by that?"

  A mere laugh left his lips as he spoke again, handing you a tool. "Let's talk about it another time."

"No, I want to talk about it now." You eyed him, his friendly expression quickly changing once more. "No, you really don't."

  "Yes, I do."

"Look, just stop asking about it, alright? Leave it alone." He placed down what he was holding before standing back up.

"Fine." You sighed before your eyes met your watch, the numbers being read in your mind.

"It's getting late." You mentioned.

"I'm aware of that." He said, walking towards the entrance of backstage, turning his head towards you. "Oh and by the way, other than you being rather stubborn, you aren't that bad to work with."

  "That's probably the nicest thing you've said to me since I've known you." You scoffed, beginning to stand up yourself as you took the gloves off.

He chuckled. "I'm aware."

𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘳𝘴 // On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara