014

now playing

now playing..

"Body And Soul"
-BILLIE HOLIDAY

-

    Your feet frantically hit the checkered floors, breathing unstable as you hauled yourself through rooms.

You hopped over tables and chairs, not once looking back. Your heavy breathing was suddenly stopped as the air was knocked out of you, your eyes focusing on a tripwire hook, cursing yourself for not noticing it.

You groaned in pain as you instantly tried getting back up. You were only to your knees until you knew it was too late.

Your breathing was shaky, finally looking at the figure standing at the end of the hallway. The silhouette of a man.

A man holding a large, bloody knife.

•-•

You shot up in a cold sweat, not even bothering to question whatever your mind just put you through.

It was six in the morning.

  You just decided to get out of bed and grab something to drink to clear your mind thoroughly.

You noticed the brown haired man in the kitchen. He had a white dress shirt on with a pair of black trousers. His sleeves were rolled up to his elbows.

"Hey. You're up early." You greeted.

He snapped his head back towards you and smiled. His slightly shaky hands were holding onto a mug filled with coffee.

"So are you."

You gave him a grin before yawning. He sipped his coffee before looking back at you.

"Have you been sleeping well?" He asked. "I should ask you the same question." You said, noticing the little bags under his eyes.

"I'm fine. I'm just worried about you." He takes another long sip before speaking. "You doing anything for Halloween?"

"Yeah. Audrey was recommending some college frat party. I'm pretty sure she just wants me to get laid." You chuckled.

"Oh that's, that's lovely. What are you going as?" He dismissed the subject.

"Not sure yet. I might just be a witch or something." You laughed as he smiled. You could only notice his canine teeth were a little sharper than average. Maybe he grinds his teeth in his sleep.

     He finished his coffee and put the mug in the sink. The thud of the dish being nearly thrown into the sink caught you off guard.

You've noticed his quick temper sometimes around other people.

You want to ask about it, but you're secretly terrified to. You wouldn't want him to snap at you or for him to know that it's scaring you a bit.

"Hey, could you run upstairs and to my room and grab the folder on my nightstand, please?" He politely asked, to which you obliged.

You made your way upstairs and into the master bedroom, the room being rather tidy. Though something caught your eye.

A hidden pile of small, orange bottles behind a few items on the floor. You picked one up, observing the label.

It's very recent, only just renewed. Though seemingly none of them were taken. You noticed the same was for the rest of them. All full to their max.

You swiftly set them down before grabbing the folder he had asked you to get, walking downstairs like you hadn't just seen what you saw.

You handed the folder to him, his expression sweet as he gently takes it from your hands. "Thank you." He flips through it as you sat down on the couch, looking at him as he stood in his own world.

"Did you remember to take your medication?" You decided to test the waters a bit, seeing what you could find out.

He looked up from his folder.

"Yes, I have. Why?"

"Just felt like I should remind you." You didn't dare make eye contact with him, slouching against the pillows.

"Well, I certainly appreciate it."