003

now playing

now playing..

"Put On A Happy Face"
-TONY BENNETT

-

       Bright light, the sun spots in your eyes caused you to strain them, trying to get a bearing of your surroundings. Your eyes landed on the blurry figures of two familiar people.

  "Oh my god, I thought I lost you." The light hug of your best friend comforted you as a smile tugged at the edges of your lips.

  She steps back, takes a look at you for a second, and speaks.

  "You look like shit."

"Oh, gee, thank you, Audrey." You rolled your eyes and laughed. "It's not like I was stabbed or anything.

     Your eyes landed on the other figure, his eyes looking into yours.

  "Jesus, dude, what's your damage?" You said with enough sarcasm to know that it's a joke. "You look like you just saw a ghost, Jules."

  "Julian's little sister was murdered yesterday, uh, with the other four kids." Audrey said quietly. "It fucked him up pretty badly."

   "I can see that." You said quietly, your mind going back to Olivia. You made the decision to not talk about it, despite needing to let out every emotion. Bottling it up for now seemed like the better option to you.

   "Carol, listen, you can't—" a distant voice spoke in a rather concerned tone as the door of the room was thrown open.

    "You!" Tears streamed down your aunt's face as she looked about as angry as ever. "You're the reason she's dead!"

  You were taken aback.

  "Woah, don't go pointing fingers at me! That's your child we're talking about! You're the one that pushed her away and waved her off after her repeatedly asking to go somewhere!"

  "You should've looked after her! But you didn't, because you were an awful big cousin to her. You couldn't even do something as simple as just watching her!"

   Your blood boiled, it took every fiber in your body to not throw hands, but your wound—and Audrey—held you back.

  "Just stop! Stop it." You looked at her with an expression of a mixture of guilt and anger.

      "As soon as you can leave here, you're moving out of my household." She then stormed out of the room, Mrs. Emily giving me an apologetic look.

       You had been staying with your aunt—your parents dealing with their own fights and whatnot back in your home state of Nebraska. You knew for fact that they wouldn't come for you, especially since you're at a legal age now.

       "Im sorry sorry for how she's acting, honey, please forgive her for her arrogance, she's just in shock." Her pleasing eyes made you sigh, eyes averting from her.

  "Henry wants to talk to you, he'll be up in a moment. "She made her way out of the room, lightly closing the door.

"Henry?" Audrey questioned.

  "He's the owner of Fredbear's." You confirmed.

        Audrey snorted. "He's probably gonna ask you guys not to press charges. I don't know, that's just what I'd do if I were him."

  "Of course you would. I'm not gonna press charges, he's already in enough shit right now as is." You punched Audrey's shoulder with your good arm.

   You didn't have the largest history with Henry, having met him a handful of times before, though you still heavily respected him, almost looking up to him in a way.

Speaking of the devil, he scurried into the room, an extremely apologetic expression on his face as he approached me.

"I cannot tell you how sorry I am." He sighed, bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep. "I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"Henry, it's okay. It isn't your fault. You didn't know that it would happen. Don't keep the weight of those kids and me on your shoulders." You reached out to touch his arm, his tension disappearing slightly.

He almost laughed. "On your birthdays too." He said quieter, referring to you and your cousin's shared birthday. "Fuck.. I'm so sorry." He could barely hold eye contact with you, muttering under his breath.

"I think you need to take a chill day, or two. You look stressed to hell and back." You stated, gathering a smile from Henry.

"I know, I know.. I've just been dealing with a lot of legal action and it's really catching up with me and Will."

You've spoken to William Afton a total of once, and it was briefly. You knew very little about him, other than his natural charming behavior.

"Can I get you anything while I'm out? Something from the store? I don't know, a milkshake?"

It's clear he felt like you didn't forgive him, though he didn't do anything wrong. He feels like it's his fault.

"A milkshake would be nice."