011

now playing

now playing..

"If I Didn't Care"
-THE INK SPOTS

-

       You jolted your head up as your eyes met with that chestnut colored set. "What are you doing?" He asked, a surprised expression on his face as he stepped closer to you.

  "I-.. Henry does anyone else know about this? Do you need any extra help? I-.. I can offer some therapy options or, or whatever else you need, just please talk to us, man."

  "I signed the divorce papers."

     His voice is low, his eyes not once meeting with yours after those words left his lips. He didn't need to explain anything else for you to understand what was going on.

  "I'm sorry." You said quietly, walking forwards and embraced him in a hug. "I miss her." He murmured, his hand resting on your back.

"She accused you of something you didn't and would never do." You reminded. "She changed. A lot. I miss what she used to be like. The old her."  

   You rubbed his back a bit for comfort before jumping at the sudden sound of thunder, your face reddened at the sudden embarrassment.

  "I- um.." You awkwardly laughed, rubbing the back of your neck before looking out the window. It was pouring down rain, the wind heavy and very dark clouds covering the sky.

  "Holy shit.." You mumbled, before hearing the front entrance door opening as the rain poured down.

  You walked out into the main lobby to see a familiar British gentleman taking his coat off.

  "Bloody hell.." he mumbled to himself, obviously aggravated of the rain. He noticed your presence and quickly walked towards you.

  "There might be horrific weather outside, but we're getting back to work now." His accent seeped through his words. "Go and get your uniform on."

-

   "You absolute numbskull!" William scolded me for fucking up a circuit.

  "Hey! It's not my fault you fucked it up the first time you dimwit!" You fired an insult back, holding your defense.

  He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.  "Please stop arguing, you're acting like children." Henry pleaded, fed up with your arguing.

  "Oh come on! She's the child here!" Will gestures towards me. "Hey! I'm eighteen, fucknut!" You spat, Will scoffing at your response.

  Henry sighed at our inability to get along.

  "Please don't take anything he says personally. Just start acting a little more authorized towards him." He told me.

   "Oh please, Henry. You're one of the most non-assertive people I know. You're extremely submissive." Will said, snorting at his own words.

   Henry's face reddened at the sudden wave of embarrassment, a chortled laugh leaving your lips as Will joined you.

  "Oh I can't even imagine what you're like in the bedroom!" Will laughed at his own joke. You held back a laugh, trying your hardest not to at least let out a chuckle.

  "I bet you let the woman do all the work." He snickered, watching as you buried your face into the party table, a loud laugh emitting from you.

  Henry's face was red. "It's not my fault that I'm like this!" He stammered out. You felt bad for laughing, of course, but it couldn't be helped.

      William finished making fun of his friend and was about to say something before a haunting shortage noise sounded before the lights shut off.

   "Well shit." You mumbled, standing up.

  "Hope no one murders me while I try to fix the lights." You joke.

  Will laughs.

   You bump into someone before immediately apologizing, though you felt an arm snake around your waist. The light of a flashlight illuminated the room, Will having found one.

"Please be more careful. You could've tripped." Henry said, looking at you beside him.

  "Haha yeah." You fumbled with your words for a second, carefully moving away before heading towards the fuse box.

•———•

  "Be careful, I don't want you to trip and fucking die." Audrey said, moving around the rubble and waste.

   It being 9pm on a Saturday, you decided to break into an abandoned factory with a clock tower attached to it.

   You smirked to yourself, knowing damn well it was a date between Julian and Audrey with you third-wheeling. You picked up a card from the concrete ground.

  Ace of spades.

       You placed it in your pocket, thinking Will would appreciate the gift.

  "This is a playing card factory." You said aloud.

  "Woah." Jules said, picking up some cards of his own. You shoved a few decks that were tied together with rubber bands into your coat pocket.

   "Oh hey, I forgot to ask earlier but where'd you get that sweet bomber jacket?" Audrey asked, picking cards up.

   You looked down at the oversized ginger brown bomber jacket you were currently wearing.

"Oh! I um- it was my aunts. I uh, forgot to give it back to her before she kicked me out" You lied straight through your teeth.

Audrey started me down.

"Are you sure..? It's like.. super big on you. Your aunts clothing size isn't far off from mine and I'm not that big." She said, raising an eyebrow.

"I-it must've been my uncles." You sputtered, Audrey shutting up after that but still questioning of you.

"Hey, I found the way to the clock tower." Jules said, gesturing towards a stairwell. You made your way towards the rusty stairs until a thumping noise caught you all off guard.

Thump

Thump

Thump

"Shit." Jules mumbled as your hearts raced. You picked up a rusted pipe as a weapon, breathing rapid and heavy. You still shivered because of the below freezing weather, yet you're still focused on the thuds above you.

The noises moved to the stairwell.

The three of you waited in anticipation as the thuds moved down the rusty, metal stairs.

Two figures appeared.

You slowly put the pipe down when you realized it was two boys your age.