Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"....It was a mistake," you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next Day

8:00 AM...

Shivaay drove off to Annika's orphanage early morning...

He had never come to this orphanage after he bought it back when he was after Annika's past...

As Annika avoided the topic every time he mentioned about it, he stopped too...because he was sure that these memories would hurt her very much...

At present, He was here to get the information about the matron who was in charge during the time Annika was staying here...

Annika wanted closure about her sister and that is what he would give to her...and before that he had to make sure...

He didn't want Annika's hope to rise or for her to lose hope before knowing something solid...

So here he was alone trying to figure it out...As soon as he got down from his car, The entire staff and kids had assembled to welcome him...

He watched as a little kid almost the age of 4 walked towards him with a rose flower...

"Weecome ucle..."

She said smiling...

Shivaay took the girl in his arms...

Shivaay:"Thank you..."

Shivaay turned to see the smiling faces of the kids...the thought that once his Annika was a part of this crowd filled his heart with multiple emotions...

He ran his hands over the head of the kids...and gave them the gifts and food items he had brought for them...

All the kids sang happily and hugged him...

An hour later the matron took him to the office...

Shivaay:"vaise...there was no need to do this Mrs.Thakur...Bache thak gaye honge..."

Matron:"Mr.Oberoi...actually the truth is that we have never seen them this happy ever before...after you took over this orphanage these children have known only happiness...Destiny has snatched a lot from these kids...I personally believe that we are entitled to provide them with every happiness we can...but the lack of funds were a great constraint...and earlier they used to suffer due to the lack of food, proper shelter, clothes...but you changed it for good Mr.Oberoi...and we are thankful for that..."

Shivaay:"I'm so happy that I could be of help...Mrs.Thakur..."

Matron:"And as you had asked, i have made a list of all the employees working here at the time your Annika was here..to be frank those were the darkest era of the orphanage...with all the children trafficking...mistreatment...abuses...some of the kids died...due to diseases, malnutrition, hunger..."

Matron:"As for the employees...Most of them are dead now...and many others are in jail...and we have no idea about the rest...only thing I can tell you is that at present there is an old lady working her who used to be the cook back then...maybe if you talk to her you will be able to find out about the previous matron's whereabouts..."