Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Love is weak when there is more doubt than there is trust, but love is most strong when you learn to trust even with all the doubts."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three weeks later...

Shivaay was frustrated like hell...it has been 3 weeks...3 damn weeks since that blasted man put the seed of doubt in his mind regarding the Oberoi involvement in the death of Annika's parents...he had been going through the Oberoi transactions, acquisitions and all the land registration records...and still no information...no bloody information...

He hit his table angrily...

*************************************

Shivaay returned back home...He saw that Annika was on phone...

Annika:"it has been three weeks since you have given me any information...Mr.Ghoswal..."

Was she talking to the PI...?He indicated her to put the call on loudspeaker...

PI:"Mam...if you can provide any more minute detail..."

Annika:"How many times do I have to tell you...I don't remember...damn it...all the information I had , I have already passed to you..."

Her anger was increasing dangerously...no matter how hard she tried she could only remember a few things about her past...All the memories from later years had overwhelmingly taken over the control of her conscious mind...Her therapist had said that it was the defense mechanism of her mind to shut off painful memories...

PI:"but Mam..."

Shivaay saw Annika sit down on the bed exhausted...He gestured her that he would handle it...

Shivaay:"Mr.Ghoswal...we will get back to you when we have more information...alright..."

Shivaay held Annika...the truth was that Annika's state was no different from his...

After they cut the call...Shivaay turned her to him...

Shivaay:"What's it Annika...?"

Annika felt so drained emotionally...it has been three weeks since their encounter with Natvarlal and still she hasn't moved even an inch from where she was before meeting him...and to top it off this man was pestering for getting information from her...

Annika:"I don't remember anything Shivaay...is it that hard to understand...?jho kuch bhi yaad kiya...I have given it all to him na..."

Shivaay:"he is just doing his job Annika...with the vague knowledge he has its like finding a needle in the haystack...that's why he is asking for more...so that he can narrow it down as much as he can..."

Annika:"I know Shivaay...and I understand too...but all this dead ends is really getting to me...I want things to move forward...I want to find about my Parents...I want to know what happened to them...I have to find what happened to chutki...I want to find who did all this to us and why...?''

Shivaay:"I know that Annika...but that doesn't mean we should jump the gun...take it slow...we will find it all...just be patient..."

Annika laughed painfully...

Annika:"wait is all I have ever done Shivaay...and I know that for a person who has waited for this many years it doesn't make any difference to wait for a few more days...But I'm tired Shivaay...I'm so tired of waiting...I don't think I can do it anymore..."