chapter 7

Chapter 7

You don't run from the people who need you. You fight for them. You fight beside them. No matter the cost. No matter the risk.

Rick Yancey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shivaay drove the car contemplating what Natvarlal had said to him...the possibility of his family being involved in the death of Annika's parents were frightening...

but he decided he was not going to let a third rate scoundrel like that man play with him...He was going to find the truth behind it and then would decide how to approach it...

He wasn't going to ruin his life based on the mad ravings of a criminal...

************************

Annika sat starring out through the window...She was literally shaking with fear...She felt all her courage and drain out...She had let her Shivaay into danger...if anything to happened to him because of her foolishness...?

How can she live with that...? 

She was in a dilemma...A part of her mind knew that this detective giri has gone too far...She had decided that She will keep Shivaay away from all this mess...that she would not take any risk that would harm his life...But another part of her yearned to hold onto him...to lean onto him...

Shivaay saw Annika  hug herself while starring out of the window for the past 20 minutes...without uttering a single word...

Shivaay:"Annika..."

Annika:"hmm..."

She was so immersed in her thoughts that she didn't realise that Shivaay was speaking to her...

Shivaay:"Annika..."

He said louder...

Annika blinked and looked around...

Annika:"vo...mein..."

Shivaay:"Are you alright ...?"

Annika nodded...

Annika:"I'm fine Shivaay..."

Silence ensued...After some time Shivaay cleared his throat...

Shivaay:"was it always like this..?"

Annika realized that Shivaay was speaking about their encounter with that man...

Annika shook her head indicating a no...

Annika:"it was worse...He would make me feel so ugly and sick to heart ...juice chusne ke baad ke ganne jaise lagtha tha...all battered and wounded..."

Annika looked at Shivaay abruptly and asked...

Annika:"Shivaay...what did he tell you...?"

Shivaay:"vo...nothing...kuch bhi nahi tha..."

Annika kept her hand on his...