Chapter Eighteen

Hello everyone, this is the last chapter of this story. The truth had been revealed and Huma, Yigit, and Emre have all accepted what they did, all which they claimed to do in the name of love. This story will also end the series of The Albatross and the Phoenix.....But it may bring a new outlook of their lives in the future,....through the eyes of their children.

2 months later......

Aziz and Can had just left the court room. They had just witnessed the sentencing of Huma, "Dad should we grab a bite to eat," Can asked. His dad had been quiet throughout the whole court proceedings, " Are you ok dad?" Can asked, turning to look at him. The man had been drained. The guilt of what had happened to his children because of this woman, had caused him a lot of pain. " Ok, sure, but call Sanem first and let her know what happened." He ordered. Can obeyed, " My love, well, it's over." He said, when she answered the phone. She won't be able to bother us anymore." He stated, letting go of his hurt. " She will be incarcerated for up to 10 years, and was ordered not to try and contact either of us within that time." He said. Sanem closed her eyes, " Thank god, but I'm so sorry for you Can, and your dad, how is he." She asked. " We will be fine,.....we all will be fine....he replied. Can and Aziz grabbed a bite to eat at one the outdoor cafes that Can liked so much, " Shall we take Sanem back some lunch, I'm sure she's hungry by now. They ordered her a salad to go, and got on their way home.

Aziz had a plane ticket for his return home, and would be leaving first thing in the morning. " I will make sure to bring everyone back with me, when it's time for this little one to be born." Aziz said, patting her on the cheek. Can looked at his dad, " Dad, please don't rush me on forgiving Emre, it will take me a while." He said, letting his father know he was very serious about that. His dad held up his hand, " Ok,....I'm not, just don't let your anger, overshadow letting your heart mend." He expressed. Can shook his head, " I understand, but I need to deal with him my way." He stated. Sanem clapped her hands together, " Ok, enough, this is your last night here, so what would you like to do." She asked Aziz. " Just soak in this beautiful view and enjoy this all with you both." He answered, gazing out across the water. Can and his dad spent the last few hours of his time their, together, each trying to console the other from the effects that Huma had caused. " Dad the next time you come here, it will be for a much happier reason," Can said, " So let's keep our hearts ready for that reunion." Aziz smiled, " You both have made me the happiest person in the world, and I can speak for all of us grandparents." He spoke.

The trip to the airport the next morning was solemn, Can hated to see his dad leave, and Sanem did as well. " They watched his plane take off, as they held each other. They had weathered the storm, had passed the test, and survived the battle, of everlasting love. They remained true to their hearts, and never gave up. " Sanem my love, how have we been so lucky, I know I've asked you that question before, but it still amazes me how our lives have connected and locked together. She smiled, " I knew it from the night so long ago, when you found me in your house, that I couldn't live my life without you." She said looking into his eyes. " Come on, let's go home, the airport isn't the place I want to be with you right now, I prefer our home. He said , his eyes full of desire. 

FIVE YEARS LATER.....

" Can, come help us, Efe wants to move all the chairs, and the table, down the beach." She called out. Can stuck his head out the door, " Now why does he want to do that? He asked. " Daddy, I want to be able to see the boat at the dock, while we sit in our chairs." The boy explained. Can came from the house with a tray of glasses of lemonade. " Ok, ok, I'm coming. Let me do that babe," he said to Sanem, putting the tray on the table. " You want everything moved, the table too? He asked, " Yes dad, it all needs to be closer to the dock, I like to watch the boat when I'm out here." He yelled as he ran down the beach, kicking his ball. Can shook his head, and Sanem laughed, " I don't know why you argue with him, you're going to do what ever he says anyway." She spoke. Can looked at her, " I do not do everything he says." He replied, giving her a side glance. Just then the ball came flying by, " Daddy, go get it, kick it back." He shouted. Can trotted down the beach to retrieve the ball, with Sanem smiling at him, " Sure you don't daddy." She called out to him. With everything moved to suit Efe, they sat down to enjoy the lemonade. They watched the young Divit play, he ran back and forth, chasing the ball, " Hey you know what I need," he stated,  I need a brother, yes, a brother, can we get one." He asked, stopping short right in front of them. Sanem looked at Can, " I think he's talking to you, daddy." She said quickly. Can shook his head, " Well, it's not that simple, sometimes it takes a lot of work to get a brother." Can said, winking at Sanem. Efe, ran to his dad, " Oh, please, I'll work really hard, please, I promise." Can we daddy." He begged. Can's heart was so full of love for his son, he could never deny him anything. 

" Well, it just so happens, that we will be getting a brother,.....or a sister in a while." How does that sound." Can said. The little boy looked at him, " No daddy a brother, not a sister,....girls can't play ball, or run fast, or pickup craps in the sand." It has to be a brother." He demanded. Sanem watched her husband squirm in his chair, " Now Efe, girls can do all of those things, but it will be a few months before it will be here. But if it's girl, you will honor the meaning of your name, and be a brave big brother, one that will protect her,....right? Can stated. Efe thought for a minute, "Are you sure she'll be able to run fast, and kick a ball?" He asked. Can nodded, " I'm sure, aren't you too Mommie." He asked. Sanem agreed, so proud of the father that Can had become. " Ok then, I'll take a sister too, if that's all you can get." He shouted, running off down the beach. 

Can reached for her hand, holding it tight, as they watched their son play on their beach. They had everything they ever wanted....

This love had given them their life.....

Well, peace and love have entered the lives of Can and Sanem. Efe, in fact did get his wish for a brother 6 months later, when Kadir Divit entered their family. Although Efe was a bit concerned that he was so tiny, and not able to play football with him yet, he was overjoyed he had a brother. The family of four remained just that, and they lived with the two boys, in their beautiful cottage by the sea. The boys growing up to be just as dynamic and handsome as their father, and just as humble and loving as their mother. Following in the footsteps of their father, they became avid sailors, and constant companions, their bond as brothers never tested or broken,.....Can and Sanem made sure of that......

Thank you for reading and following the love of our favorite couple. 

"Efe Divit,....Kadir Divit,.... remember these name. We will watch them live their lifes, and follow them as they continue the legacy of the Divit name, with a whole new series of stories to come later.......

Please follow a new series of stories of the " Divit Brothers" 

Part 1 .." The Brothers...Their Story Continues"   Ready to read now on Wattpad.