Chapter Five

Can was happy she had decided to write, he knew she missed it, but she wouldn't tell him that. As the days went by, she took every opportunity to sit in her chair and write. He wondered what could have been so interesting about their life that it would consume so much of her time. But he also thought that about the other 2 books she had already written about their life and love, and here they were, #1 bestsellers all across the world. She had endured more than him, over the past 3 years, with the tricks that his mother and Yigit had played on her, it was a wonder she made it through that. He started towards the beach, " Sanem, I'm going into town, do you want to come with me, I'm going to the office." He called to her. She waved, " Thanks my love, but I'll just stay her and write some more, but tell everyone I said hello, and I'll visit soon." She called back to him. He waved and blew her a kiss, " But back soon." He said

The drive into town wasn't long, and he hoped the meeting would be a short one. Mateo hadn't told him the subject of the meeting, just that some things had come up. Can had already told him he hadn't want any jobs yet, but that was almost a week ago. Mateo met him at the door,       " Can, come in, that beautiful wife of yours didn't come with you? He asked, getting a sparkle in his eye. Can smiled, " Mateo, I might be jealous, if I didn't know your wife, and how infatuated you are with her." He said, patting him on the back. He saw that everyone was there, even the part time writers and designers, so this wasn't about him taking a job. " Welcome everyone, it's not often we have a opportunity to bring all of you together, but I have some news." Mateo stated. Everyone was anxious to hear, most of all Can. He had a feeling this was concerning the new investor of the magazine. 

Mateo started, " As you all know there has been a new partner come to our magazine, and so far they have been an anonymous partner, I've dealt only with the lawyer." He stated. " But I hope for a meeting with them in the near future." They have sent word of some possible changes in our daily operations and even in our content of the magazine." With this partnership being that of more than half of the collective shares, their opinions and instructions will be the direction we will take." Any questions so far? He asked, looking around the room. Can had thought this might happen, " Mateo, are there going to be changes in staff, or in the overall realm of the magazine? He asked, knowing that most everyone in the room was thinking more of their jobs than anything. Mateo explained the investor was looking to make the publication more of a full description of the area, other than just tourism. Can was confused, what other reason to put out a magazine about a vacation destination, than tourism. 

Mateo asked Can to stay for a minute, after the meeting was over, " Can, the investor seemed to know about your involvement with the office, so they may have a special job in mind for you. Can raised his hands, " No, Mateo, I only want to take the jobs if been handling, and it will still be on a freelance status." If I want to refuse a job I can." He said, being quite adamant about it. " Of course, I understand." Mateo said, willing to make an exception for him. " How does this investor know anything about me anyway? Can asked, " There's only been a few layouts in the magazine, so how?" Mateo said, " From your work before is what I understand, so it could be anyone." He stated. Can nodded, " Well I will not be told what, when, and where to photograph. I'll talk it over with Sanem, and let you know if I'll continue with the magazine."

Sanem had been busy and not noticed the time, Can had been gone for a couple of  hours. She called his phone, " Can, are you ok, thought you would be home by now." She said. " I'm on my way, the meeting ran longer than I thought, my love, do you need anything before I leave town.?" He asked. " No, just you, oh...and maybe some ice cream." If you don't mind." Can laughed, " I'm already headed that way babe, do you want chocolate or pistachio?" He asked.       " Hmm, how about both, I can't decide." She said, licking her lips. By the time Can got home the ice cream was very soft and went straight to the feeezer. He started telling Sanem about the meeting, " Whoever the new investor is wants to change up the office, some new direction, they say. But it sounds like they want to ruin it." He said. " And they know my work and might  want me for some special jobs. Sanem was so proud of Can and his photography business, but she didn't want him to take on special things, with them just now living the life they had always wanted. " It's your decision, my love, and I'm fine with what you decide. You be happy." She told him. 

He reached over and pulled her to him, she always made him feel good. The smell of her seemed to calm any fears or doubts that he had. " Good I'm glad you said that, because I am happy, so I don't need any special assignments." I really don't need any assignments, ever. " He shouted with excitement, " so what do you say if I just quit?" He said, his eyes wide. Sanem stared at him, " You mean not do any photography at all?" She said, slowly studying his face. He smiled, " Well basically yes, just take pictures of what we want to take pictures of, just for pleasure." Like your writing,  just for us." He explained. Can jumped up, walking out the door and toward the beach, Sanem followed, " We have enough money to last us rather rest of our lives, with the income from your books and mine to, so that's not a problem, what do you think?" He asked, his voice full of excitement. 

Sanem thought for a minute, " Can are you sure you won't get bored?" She asked. " If we're together, there's no way I'll be bored." We might just become hermits, here on our beach." He cupped her face with his hands, kissing those lips that always tempted him. The urge to ravish her body right here on the beach had taken over, as she responded willingly to that kiss. The kiss became deeper, more intense, as his passion for her had reached a fevered high, making her weak. This woman was all he needed in his life, as he watched her slip out of her dress. She made him whole, made him stronger than ever, as the feel of her body made him crazy. Yes, he could live his life locked away here on this beach, if she was with him. 

They lay on the sand, stripped, with only their love of each other visible. Sanem ran her hand down his chest, feeling those defined and rippled muscles. Her heart couldn't have been more happy at this moment, as she looked at him in all his glory. She knew they would be a family and love each other anywhere they were. She snuggled in closer to him, " Would you teach me to take pictures? She asked.....making him smile.

 " I'll teach you everything you need to know about photography, .....if that's what you want. He whispered to her. 

She reached for his face, " Take your time to decide Can, be sure quitting the magazine is what you want. Then I'm with you 100% my love......... her lips found his, sending that excitement over her once again.......