Chapter Seventeen

Can was reeling, had he ever known this person he called his brother. And Fabri's reappearance was something he didn't expect. It opened all the old wounds that he had worked so hard to close, he can see the look on Fabri's face when he went to his office that day to buy back his shares of the company. Was his mother the reason for the destruction of the agency as well as causing Sanem to sell her perfume to him. This was the time of his life he hated the most, he felt helpless against him, Fabri was destroying everything he cared about so he should have known Huma was someway involved. He never wanted anything more in his life, than to see her pay for it all. The laughter from Sanem and Aziz, brought him back from his thoughts, they were both talking to the Aydins about the new arrival. He calmed himself, " You have better things to think about than Huma Edamare," he told himself, glad that this child would never know the type of person she was. 

" Mama, yes I will take all the vitamins that I'm suppose to, I promise." Sanem said, looking at Can, and rolling her eyes. Can smiled, he knew his mother-in-law would be obsessed with it all, when she heard the news. Aziz was telling them, " Not to worry Mevkibe, we will all travel back here in time for the birth of the next Divit/Aydin heir. I'll see to it. We wouldn't miss the arrival of this child for the world. " Yes, I'm sure things will be taken care of with Huma quickly, if I have anything to say about it, it will." He muttered to them, to reassure them. Can stepped up next to Sanem, Mom I will see to it that she does exactly what the doctor says." He spouted, smiling at her, on the FaceTime call. " Ahh Can, my boy, I'm so happy to see you. I know you will take care of her, ....you always have, and for that I am grateful. You are in my heart as my son, and there you will stay forever." She said, tears rimming her eyes. Can had always loved her parents, from the very beginning, they made him welcome and excepted him as family. That bond between Mevkibe and himself, would never be broken. 

This day was full of happiness and sadness for Can. But he was glad that his dad was there, he was the one person he could depend on, from the time he was 8 years old. He watched as his mother and Emre were packing to leave their house, the memory was so vivid in his mind. His father scooped him up and took him to the park that day, and when they returned home they both were gone, without even a note saying goodbye. He couldn't understand why she didn't want to take him with her, but over the next few years of not hearing from her, the pain turned to acceptance. But his dad was always there making him feel loved. He would never forget those feelings he had, he didn't want to. They would remind him of things not to do, when it came to their children. His heart was already so full of love for this child, he couldn't imagine it being any more. 

Sanem was exhausted and hungry, after they finished their call. Can and Aziz, took to pampering her, making her sit in her chair on the beach, while they fixed a dinner fit for the mother-to-be of the first grandchild. She laid her head back, letting the sun warm her face, she wasn't sure if she was more glad or upset with Emre right now. He had protected her parents from Huma, who was to say if she would have stopped at just destroying the little grocery store her parents had worked so hard for, she was capable of  more than that, a lot more. But he had stopped it, and she was sure it wasn't easy for him to do, after all she was "his" mother. That's what Can always said, " Huma is just Erme's mom"......and it always made her so sad. Mom,...that word meant so much to her now, she was one, this baby had opened her heart up to a whole new world of happiness. The love she felt right now was the deepest love she had ever felt, yet so different from what she felt for Can. She listened to the two men laugh and talk as they cooked together, this is as it should be,.... joy, laughing, happiness, they had once again beat Huma Edamare at her own game. 

They had set a beautiful table and Can helped her to sit down, sort of like she had all of a sudden  developed some kind of disability. She smiled at him, " Can, I'm sure I can seat myself at the dinner table." She said, batting her eyes at him. He cleared his throat, " Well,...uhh, I just want to make sure you do trip or stumble." He explained, wrinkling up his forehead so seriously. Aziz shock his head, " He's right my dear, you can't be to careful, and I've been thinking, maybe Mihriban and I should come down here for awhile, you know, just to help you out. Sanem and Can both looked at each other quickly, " Dad, I don't see a need right now, we aren't really doing anything at the present, but relaxing by the sea." He said, waving his arms around. " Maybe later, if Sanem sees fit." He suggested, giving her a wink. Aziz shook his head, " Ok, whatever you think is best son, but just know, we are ready to come at a drop of a hat." He said, pointing at him.

With the dinner finished and his dad taking care of cleaning up, he and Sanem relaxed on the beach. The air smelled so good, so clean and fresh, he wanted to soak it all in. The phone call interrupted their peace and quiet, " Hello Mr. Huessin, I hope there's not a problem." Can said, his heart in his throat. " Mr. Divit, sorry to bother you at this hour, but I thought you would want to know, Ms. Edamare has admitted to the breakin of your home, and to the falsified medical records. Her admission will help speed up the process, but she will be returned to Malaga to face the charges there and she will be placed in court before the judge in a matter of days." The investigator explained. Can felt numb, all the thoughts of her guilt had been just that, "thoughts" but now it was a reality. His heart hurt more than what he had expected. " Mr. Divit, the accusations from Mr. Fabri are still being investigated, but it does seem like she had a hand in some of the unethical business dealings of Enzo Fabri. These charges will be applied to the existing one, if they are substantiated." I'm sorry to deliver such hurtful news, but I felt you needed to know." And they a will be searching the room there in Malaga, at her hotel, tomorrow. Hopefully your wife's notebook will be found." And one last thing, he said, " Your mother would like to see you, " to explain things" she says." I will just deliver the message, and you will decide if you want to or not." He said. 

Sanem watched his face grow dark as he listened to the investigator, " How much more can this woman do to this man." She thought, her heart breaking. " The truth, Mr. Huessin, that's all I ever wanted from her, and I think I have that with her admission of her crimes, so I won't need to see her. 

Can ended the call, " She admitted to it all, she did it all." He said. Sanem seeing the hurt of a child in his eyes. This wasn't the hurt of what she did now, it was the hurt of 25 years ago all over again. He buried his face in her neck, his body shaking.....

She loved this man, more than anything.....her, and this child would never allow him to be hurt like this again.......