Chapter Thirteen

It was late by the time they arrived back at their cottage, but Aziz already loved the place, "  Can this home suits you and Sanem, I'm happy you have this to call home." He said as he walked around inspecting it all. " Just wait until the morning and you see the beach, it's beautiful, we spend as much time out there as we can." She told him. He had made her so happy by coming to visit, but she knew it only because of Huma, he had unfinished business with her also and was eager to see her get her due. She watched Can, his face was tight and drawn, this whole thing had caused him more pain then she had thought. He was trying hard to hide what he felt, especially in front of his dad, but she knew he was dreading the time to come that they would find her and arrest her for what she had done. He sat and listened to his dad talk, but his eyes were blank and empty, she wished she could take all that pain and bury it somewhere far away. His mother had been the source of agony for him since he was a small boy, how he turned out to be the man he was today was mind boggling to her. 

She was tired and ready for bed but didn't want to take away his time together with his dad,           " Can, I think I'm going to take a shower and turn in, if you don't mind. DadAziz, please take the guest room and I hope your comfortable there." She said. Can stood, " Sanem let me come with you,," he said, still feeling uneasy with how she had been feeling. " Absolutely not, my dear, you spend this time with your dad." I can manage all by myself." She replied, giving him a kiss.                     " Goodnight my daughter, don't you worry about anything, sleep well." He said, with a hug. She smiled and headed to the shower. Aziz questioned Can, " Has she been sick, you mentioned something about it earlier." He asked, he wasn't sure if Can was worried about Sanem or upset about what he learned about Huma. " Yes, she had been, and I'm worried about her, so I'm making her go to the doctor tomorrow, and if it's all due to the stress over Huma, then that just gives me something else to  despise her more. " Dad, did you know that Emre knew where she was, why didn't he tell me, instead of us having to find out by ourselves. I thought he had changed." Can spoke, his heart breaking because of it. Aziz lowered his head, " Can, your brother has had his issues with Huma, but his biggest issue is she was still his mother, and he wanted to see the good in her. He wasn't hurt by her like you were, not really hurt, she always made him do what she wanted." He said. " Emre wanted to believe her, anyway, that's what I think." Aziz stated. " You need to talk to your brother, tell him how you feel, and let him tell you why he did it." He said. " But I'm not telling you what to do." 

Sanem let the water run over her, why did she feel so strange, she wondered, she felt like she needed to protect someone,....was it Can, Aziz.....she didn't know she just felt like Huma was going to hurt someone she loved. She had to let these things go, they were going to find her and then she would pay for what she did. She didn't know how badly she wanted her to answer for all her crimes, the ones she would say she committed in the name of love for her son, until now. Can was suffering, he had been suffering for 24 years, at the hands of his mother. She hoped finding her would help him put her behind him. She got ready for bed, and could hear Can and Aziz still talking, she was so glad he came, Can needed him even more than he realized. She went to sleep, soundly, she never even knew went Can came to bed. It was still dark out, when she woke up, her stomach in her throat, " Oh no, not again, she thought, trying to slip out of bed without waking Can. She hurried to the bathroom, the whole process was over in seconds, but that weak faint feeling lingered for a minute. She steadied herself with the bathroom counter,       " what is going on, she thought, I'm afraid this is not just nerves." Her mind was saying, and her heart seemed to be agreeing with it. But not a word about this, she told herself, not until you see the doctor. The clock said 5:30, so she snuck back into the bed, but sleep wouldn't come to her again, she laid there watching him, wondering, " would he be happy, If there was a baby. His face still full of stress and strain even in his sleep. She didn't want to add to the troubles that had his heart in such a turmoil, but there may not be any other way. 

At some point she must have fell asleep again, and she woke with Can was kissing her gently on the forehead,   " Sanem, my love, I'm making breakfast, you need to eat." He said softly, his lips brushing across her skin. It sent a wave of chills traveling down her body. She moaned, it was like she couldn't help it, he effected her in a way she couldn't control. He touched her stomach, sliding his hand up to her breast, feeling the firmness of them and the hardness of her nipples. " Can, we have to wait, aren't you cooking, and where's your dad." She said, hearing the heaviness of his breath, as he kissed her neck. " Sanem, I don't think I can, you have a way of distracting me in the most delightful way. " he whispered, in her ear. She giggled, " We can wait, now let me get dressed and you finish breakfast." She said, teasing him by kissing his chest. Can was just about to oppose when his dad called out, " Son, do you want me to finish the eggs?" Their going to burn." He said. He closed his eyes, " No dad, I'm coming, be right there." He yelled, giving her a look of warning. She smiled, as he got up to leave, " Come on, get dressed and stop tempting me, we have to get you to the doctor this morning." He demanded. Her mind went back a couple of hours, to the early morning bout of sickness, " I hope this doesn't ruin our harmony, and make him feel trapped." A child is a big responsibility, but he had told her he wanted a family, in fact a large family. So if they didn't get started now, there wouldn't be enough time for them all, she thought in her defense. She shook her head, " Stop,...you don't even know if your pregnant or not, so don't borrow trouble." She said to herself. 

Trouble?......would a baby be trouble?.....no she didn't think so as she stepped out of bed. She knew he would be a terrific Dad, just as his Dad had been to him. A slow rise of weakness traveled up her body as she stood, and she felt dizzy. She reached for the chair to steady herself, well one more symptom to tell the doctor about, she thought as she smiled quietly to herself. Can opened the bedroom door, " Babe come on breakfast is waiting, or do you want to eat in bed." He asked. She shook her head, " No, I'm coming." She replied, her heart full of love for him. 

He always wanted to take care of her, so a baby....It might be just what we need........