Chapter Twelve

Miguel rushed to the photo shop to print out the pictures, " I can't believe someone would do this to them, and why would they rip up their pictures." He wondered, as he printed the photos. He got them all, and headed back to the cottage, but decided to stop by the office to let Mr. Mateo what had happened. Mr. Can hadn't told him to, but he thought that he should know they were back from their trip. " Did they steal anything from their home?" Mateo asked, surprised and concerned to hear what happened. Miguel filled him in on all the details, telling him they only took Mrs. Divits personal notebook, which was more important her than almost anything. He told him goodbye and started on to Mr. Cans house with the pictures. 

Can paced back and forth on the beach, his anger seething through him. He called his dad, determined to get to the bottom of Emre's involvement with all of this. " Dad, I need to talk to you about Emre." Can spouted. " Very well son, what seems to be the problem, did they locate Huma?" He asked, confused at his anger towards Emre. " Dad, the investigator arrived here at little while ago, and they have a location for Huma here,....and do you know where they got it from?.....Emre." He yelled. Aziz gasped, " What, Emre knows where she is?" He said, not wanting to believe what he just heard. Can yelled, " Yes dad, Emre, gave them the tip as to where she is." He has known all along where is was and probably what she was planning."  Aziz stood, " Son, I'll be there as soon as I can get a flight out, I don't want you to face Huma alone." He spewed, his anger boiling. He hung up from Can and called the airport, to book a flight to Malaga, the first one was that evening at 6:40. That would get him there by 10:00pm. So he called Can back, " I'm on my way this evening, so pick me up at the airport at 10:00. And son, don't try and find her yourself, let the investigators do it." He pleaded. " You have to stay with Sanem, don't leave her alone."  

Miguel arrived with the pictures, " Mr. Can, I hope these are ok, I had to do them in a hurry." Can smiled, " They look great, thanks. I'm going to get them in the frames before she wakes." He said, with tears in his eyes. " Oh, I went to the office to let Mateo know what happened, hope that was ok." He said. Can shook his head, " Ok, but don't tell anyone else, we don't know what we're dealing with here." He stated, knowing he had to be extra careful. They had but the house back together before Sanem finally fell asleep, exhausted from the worry of it all. He watched sleep, she was so peaceful looking, but he knew she was anything but. " What had he done to this woman, he thought, she loved him, and he loved her, but yet they had managed to hurt each other. The truth hurt them more than they were both willing to admit. But they had put that all behind them now, he couldn't live without her, he didn't even want to try. She was all that mattered to him. He couldn't understand why his mother had taken on such a hatred of her, was she that shallow, to believe that Sanem wasn't worthy of their name. When, in fact, it was her that had been stripped of their name with her lies and deceit. Sanem jumped, waking up from a dream of Huma watching her from the shadows, laughing. Can reached for her, " It's ok babe, I'm right here." You just had a dream." He said, crawling in the bed next to her. She looked around a little confused, " She not here?...Can she was right here, in this room, laughing at me. Can kissed her, " Nope, no one here but me and you, just like it should be." He said holding her tight. 

Mr. Hussein had talked to the police, getting all the facts of the break in at the Divits, now he just needed them to help with apprehending Mrs. Edamare. The hotel that Emre had given them as the location of Huma wouldn't cooperate with him because he was out of his jurisdiction. So with the help of the police there, he hoped he would have her in custody by the end of the day. This had been a long time coming, with Yigit and Polen Ersoy giving their statements against Huma, they were able to get a clear picture of what had happened in Istanbul. The doctor that she had bribed to fix all the medical information was more than happy to tell all he knew about her, for a much lighter sentence in prison. Yigit Ersoy was just as guilty as Huma, but he gave them information on Mrs. Edamare that they otherwise wouldn't have had. Such as the plans she had for Ms. Aydin, if they hadn't been caught. It's hard to believe someone could hate so much, just because they weren't born into wealth. Yigit was given a minimal sentence and a large fine, and advised to never return to Istanbul, for which he was happy to except. So the last piece to the crime was Huma Edamare. 

Sanem looked around, " Can,....what did you do? She said her eyes full of tears. " All the pictures,  you fixed them all, even our wedding picture." She smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck.         " Hey are you hungry, I'm starving." he said. " I'll fix us a nice dinner, and then we're going to the airport to pickup my dad." He said, watching her face turn to excitement. " Your dad's coming? She asked, with surprise. " Did they find Huma? Do they know where she is?" she asked, her voice full of fear. Can hugged her tight, " They don't have her yet, but they have a good idea where she is." Don't worry, they will find her." Dad's coming to be with us." He said. She smiled,      " I'm glad." she sighed. He fixed their dinner, and made her eat everything he cooked. But her nerves had battled against her, and within no time she had lost all the food she had consumed. Can was worried about her, since she had been sick on the boat, even before they had arrived home to all this mess. " We will go to the doctor tomorrow Sanem, and I won't hear no for an answer." He demanded, seeing the stress in her face. She agreed, but was it stress, or was it something else. Right now she was inclined to believe it was stress, but the thought of a baby did excite her.

They watched the entry gate for Aziz, Can was excited to see his dad, up not under these circumstances. " There he is." She yelled, " Over there, see." She said. They waved to him, and he waved back, hurrying to greet them. " Dad, I'm glad your here." Can said. His dad had always been his strength, the person that he could depend on, especially when it came to Huma.

He gave Sanem a big hug,.....My daughter, how are you? He asked, seeing the  helplessness In her face.....

" I'm good, but so much better, now that you are here.".......