Chapter Fifteen

Can had stared at her for a few seconds, his face showing every emotion that could happen in  a case like this, but the words wouldn't come. Sanem smiled, " Can, are you ok, so did you hear what I said? I'm going to have your baby,....our baby. Her heart was slowly being to sink to the depths of despair, in fear he wasn't as excited as she was about a child. But all within these seconds of silence, Can was reliving their life together, how they met, fell in love, how they hurt each other, and all of that to get to this moment. The crowning moment of his life.....this woman that he would die for, that he felt he didn't deserve after all they had been through,....that he loved more than himself,....was giving him this gift of eternal love. Sanem turned away from him, her heart shattered, " how would she make it through this if he wasn't happy about it." Her mind was saying to her heart. Was he not ready for a child yet,...or did he not want any at all, but he had expressed the desire for children. She was confused...

His voice was low, but it broke the silence like an explosion, " Sanem, don't joke with me now,......are you sure? He muttered, his voice shaking. She looked at him, his eyes rimmed with tears, and filled with that look of love. " Yes Can they are sure,...I'm sorry if your not happy about this, but this is always a consequence if you have sex." She spewed, her tears of joy turning to tears of regret. Can closed his eyes, " Not happy, why would I not be happy my love." He whispered, " There's nothing more I would want in this lifetime, than to be a father to our children." I,....truly am in shock, with all our troubles, it never occurred to me that I could be this happy to hear those words.  I love you beyond words, and to share a child with you is more than I deserve. She looked into his eyes, and her heart begin to recover, they were full of love, even more than ever before,...her heart surrendered as his lips found hers. This kiss was more meaningful and tender than they had ever shared. " He's happy," she thought, as the kiss lasted longer than she thought possible. It charged her soul with happiness and hope, this child would be born into a family of love and devotion. 

He held her in his arms, letting it all sink in, then the phone broke their bonding. " It's Mr. Huessin, l really should take this." He said looking at her for approval. " Of course, they may have news." She stated, with anticipation. " Hello, Mr Huessin, is there news." He said. The investigator had received an update, " Yes, I hope so Mr. Divit, it seems your mother has returned to Istanbul." He said. " What, Istanbul, but why,....she wasn't suppose to ever return there." He spouted. " Yes, that's right, but we received a call from your brother. This may be hard for you to hear, but nevertheless, I have to tell you." Can swallowed hard, looking at Sanem he shook his head, " Go ahead, what happened," he said, not really wanting to hear anything about Emre. " As you know, we learned the whereabouts of Huma from your brother, but it seems she had threatened him to gain information about you and your wife's location." He explained. " She wanted to harm Mr. and Mrs. Aydin, Sanem parents, for ruining the lives of her sons. So to protect his in-laws he told her where you were."  Can rubbed his face hard, trying to wake himself from the nightmare he was hearing. " Ok, but why had she gone back to Istanbul?" Can asked. Sanem covered her mouth with her hands, " Huma went back to Istanbul." She cried, why would she do that, she wondered. Mr. Huessin continued, " When things here weren't going quite as planned and she discovered that Aziz Divit had arrived here, she contacted Emre again and he convinced her that he would help her with whatever she had planned. So she flew back to Istanbul to get Emres help. But,...he called me, to report it all and put an end to her insane doings. So I had four officers waiting for her went she exited the plane, they have arrested her and she is in custody." He announced. 

Emre sat with his head in his hands, " Where did this all go wrong." He thought. "Why did Huma not want them to be happy with the women they loved? He said, asking Metin as they waited for the officers to arrive with his mother. Metin tried to console him as best he could, but his main concern was with Can and Sanem. Their relationship had been strained, to say least, but this was also because of Huma Edamare, but Can was still his best friend and brother, so his loyalty would always lie with him. Emre would give his statement of the accounts that had been brought against his mother, the threat of physical harm to the Aydins and the other charges of tampering with medical records. If he was in some way guilty of conspiracy to the threat, then he was ready to except the charges as well. Huma had refused the opportunity to see her son, stating she had been " greatly offended by the acquisitions against her from her sons," and all the evidence had been fabricated. It was late in the day before Emre was allowed to leave the police station, he was clearly distraught but he knew he did what had to be done. His mother needed help, but only if she would admit she did, would she be able to get it. He called Leila as he left, " Tell your mom and dad they can relax,...she is in custody, and no one has been harmed." He said, his heart broken. Leila relayed the message to the parents, and they all breathed a sigh of relief. " Emre, are you holding up ok." Leila asked, hearing the hurt in her husbands voice. "No not really, but I will be fine. Just years of trusting someone to be the person they portrayed, just to find out it was all a lie, it will take a while for me to come to terms with it." He stated. " I'll be home soon, then we will call Can and Sanem together.  I have a lot of apologies to give, I just hope they can forgive me." He said, his heart heavy. 

Can held Sanem's hand as they drove home from the Drs. office. The silence was well deserved, as his mind wandered back to the childhood that was anything but normal. Sanem stayed quiet, letting him come to terms with it all. What a gamut of feelings that were surging through his body, it was almost like he was time traveling back to each disappointment in his life. But no more,....he had a much brighter future than he had ever hoped for. The news of this baby would not be overshadowed by the sickness of Huma Edamare. 

" Sanem, do you want a boy or a girl first? He asked, out of the blue, his voice strong and determined. She smiled, how strong he was, she thought, " I don't know, maybe a boy, what do you think?" She said. " A girl, I think, or maybe a boy,.....I don't care, I just know I want this baby to live a life of continuous love and acceptance. 

"To never doubt the love from which they came,......he said, looking at her with his eyes of devotion......