Chapter 18

I could hear the distinct clanging of Avery's keys as she loudly entered the room last night. I remained unmoving though, feigning sleep. My thoughts were to jumbled as my mind ran a mile a minute trying to grasp onto the situation, I couldn't find it in me to have a proper conversation with her.

Eventually she crawled between her sheets after changing, the rhythmic rise and fall of her chest confirming she had already fallen asleep. I however was still wide awake even until the very early hours of the morning, thinking about where Holden could possibly take me, so many different scenarios running through head.

Groaning lightly at the headache that was coming along due how much I was thinking, I dug my head deeper into the pillow, frustration leaking from my every pore. I know it was probably a bad idea to go with him when I knew next to nothing about him, but so was letting him kiss last night.

My mother would be so disappointed at me, I thought.

You would think after being through everything I had I would know better, but I just seemed to lose all my rational thoughts when it came to him, I couldn't help it. My body yearned to be close to his while his eyes held me captive every time, they had me believing I could trust him. I shouldn't but I do.

The sound of a faucet turning ripped me out of my thoughts, as I grew conscious of my current location. I shuddered as I noticed how the once warm water had turned cold, hitting the expanse of my heated exposed skin. Sighing once again I turned off the water, patting myself dry before slipping on a change of clothes, I choose some dark jeans and a longs leaved grey top, not sure where Holden planned on taking me. Avery was still sleeping when I reentered the room, her soft snores floating within the closed space.

Seeing as I had over two hours before Holden arrived, I took the opportunity to walk to the cafe and get my usual soy late and Avery's iced tea. I pushed the door open the bell at the top chiming announcing my arrival. A few students filled the cafe when I walked in, most seemed half asleep as they lazily sat on their tables slowly seeping their drinks.

I walked over to the counter where the barrister stood lazily tapping away on his phone, a disinterested frown on his lips. At the sound of my shoes lightly tapping against the floor he looked up before a lazy grin stretched on his thin lips.

"Soy latte?" He asked even before I could recite my order. Asher had served me enough times since I joined USB to know my order off head. I simply let a small smile spread on my lips, nodding my head in confirmation.

"And an iced tea please" I quickly added Avery's order watching as his smile flattered slightly.

Disregarding the weird response, I picked up my orders, making my way back. Avery was already awake when I got back, her hair sticking up in all directions while her droopy eyes remained filled with sleep. I handed her the iced tea making her immediately perk up, her dull eyes eyeing me in appreciation.

"I never did get to ask how your first football game experience was like. Did you like it?" Avery said this while sitting up on her bed giving me her undivided attention. My cheeks immediately flooded with warmth at thought of last night

"Yeah I guess football isn't really that bad" it was true, the little parts that I had seen when my eyes weren't glued on Holden had been fascinating to watch and exhilarating.

"Yeah, what part? The one where a sexy Holden runs across the field in those tight pants or the actual game?" My eyes went wide as I chocked on my coffee, forcing it down my throat. She eyed me mischievously, unapologetically chuckling behind her hand.

"The game!" A total lie.

"Fine continue lying to yourself, but I still want to be the godmother to your children. I practically made its parents happen" utter amusement laced her voice as she pointed my way sternly.