Chapter 6

Suddenly, I was up against the concrete wall again. My head was roughly slammed against the wall, unbearable pain shutting through my skull. I cried out in pain, disgustingly cold wet lips encasing mine successfully swallowing me cries.

I willed my eyes to gain focus, blinking multiple times. Menacing lifeless brown eyes glared me once my vision cleared, I thrashed violently wanting to be as far away from him as I could. It was no longer a nameless hooded collage guy pinning me to the wall, I was now staring at familiar brown eyes that were no longer inviting but cold and murderous.

"You killed him, you killed all of them" he shouted in my face before slamming my head against the wall again. It was unbearable, the pounding between my ears was utterly unbearable, I frantically shook my head not wanting to believe him. I didn't kill them; I didn't know, I couldn't know.

"If it wasn't for you they would still be alive!" I felt cold wind blowing against my naked flesh making me aware of my scantily clothed body with deep regret. I was no longer wearing the jeans and bralette but a flimsy red dress that barely covered my legs, I had foolishly worn it to make him happy, against my mother's wishes.

"Your a murderer! You killed all of them!" he shouted pushing me further into the wall as his large hands roughly tore my dress apart "I want you to feel pain you whore, absolute pain. I want you to pay for your sins and then I'll kill you!"

I thrushes harder, tears freely rolling down my cheeks as a sob rocked through my body. I tried to call out for Holden, hoping he would come save me again. He never came. He didn't know me two years ago, he couldn't rescue me.

"Savannah...Savannah wake up!" The voice sounded distant, as if my head had been submerged under water. I couldn't make out the noise as I continued to thrush relentlessly, trying to shake his hands of me, trying to escape from his vengeful grasp.

"Savannah, please!" the voice begged laced with distress.

My extremely heavy eyes finally jerked open, frantically bouncing around the room in search of lifeless brown orbs. I immediately scooted to the headboard trying to create as much distance as I could between me and the door, in case he came through it. Slight movement at the edge of the bed caught my eye, I snapped my head towards it meeting familiar steel like eyes. His eyes looked different, without their hardness, they were an absolutely beautiful shade of clear grey.

He approached me stealthily, eyeing me to gage my reaction. Holden for the first time since I met him, didn't seem distant and cold, he simply looked worried and a little scared.

"Y- you were calling my name?" He sounded unsure as he continued to approach me.

"I- I didn't kill them, I swear his lying. Please believe me" I said looking into his eyes wanting and needing someone to reassure me. I grabbed his large hands in my trembling ones tugging him to seat on the bed as my eyes bore into his urging him to believe me.

"I believe you, you didn't kill them" he said looking into my eyes before he wiped away my tears. I sighed shifting closer to him, thankful that he believed me. He began to shuffle making his way out of the bed resulting in me tightening my hold on him. I had not yet overcome my haze and was still convinced that my nightmare would come alive.

"D- don't" I said practically begging him. I would probably go crazy if he left.

"I was just going to get a wet clothe to clean up your face" he was talking carefully as if I were a ticking bomb and he was being careful not to make it explode. He pointed to an open bathroom door showing me were he would be going. I hesitantly let go of his arm only because I knew he would still be in the same room, and I could still see him from the bed.

He got off the bed slowly looking my way as if for confirmation before walking a straight line to the bathroom. I watched him wet a small towel, still slightly shaken as I dug my slightly bruised back to the headboard. When he came back he lightly wiped off my running make up, discarding the wet towel before circling his arms around me.

I sighed in relief, drawing myself closer to him once I was in his arms again. I knew I would probably be embarrassed tomorrow but right now I needed him or I would go insane.

He lay both of us on the soft bed and I immediately placed my head on his chest. His firm chest was surprisingly comfortable, the heat he produced warming my shivering figure. I softly fluttered my eyes closed letting the rhythmic thudding of his chest lure me to sleep, feeling more safe than I should in the arms of a stranger.

That night sleep came to me easier than it had in the past four years. I slept knowing nothing would harm me, in the muscular arms of this 6'3 brooding man, I felt invincible.

The next morning came sooner than I'd hoped, the steady stream of orange pouring onto the bed from the open window. My disoriented brain hadn't  register where I was yet as I glared at the unfamiliar wall of blue, all the events of yesterday flashed in my head as I lightly groaned.

I was about to jump off the bed when I registered the weight of a muscular arm wrapped across my waist in a vice like grip. I slowly turned my head to see Holden sleeping soundly behind me.

He looked almost angelic in his sleep, the morning sun washing over his features. His long lashes brushed against his high cheek bones concealing his eyes, the frown lines between his eyebrows had completely disappeared making him look less serious and his pouty lips were slightly parted as he snored lightly. His dark hair was tasseled, his curls falling into his eyes.

I slowly brushed it away subconsciously, before my eyes landed on his sculpted chest. For the first time since last night I noticed he was shirtless. Did I really sleep on his naked chest all night? god am such a walking embarrassment!

I wiggled out of his hold, carefully moving his arm trying not to wake him up. I had no intentions of having the awkward morning after talk.

Why am I making it sound like we had sex?!

It was probably the furthest thing from it. I was a sobbing mess and he comforted me. I just didn't want to answer his follow up questions, which I knew he'd have for sure and he deserved answers but I was too afraid to give.

I still had my jeans and Holden's shirt on thankfully, so I just set out to look for my shoes. I quickly found them at the foot of the bed, I grabbed them while heading to the door praying I don't wake Holden up.

I quietly shut the door behind me, turning to make a run for the front door. I was making it down the hall when a door opened, I froze, my shoulders further tensing as prayed it wasn't Holden. I took a deep breath turning  around stiffly to facing the same tall dark skinned guy Holden had once entered the cafe with, he looked utterly confused. His eyes moved from Holden's door to me before moving to the door again.

I didn't give him time to ask any questions before I was flying down the stairs and out of the door, I smiled in victory when I didn't encounter any other people. I put my shoes back searching for my phone to call an uber. My joy was however short lived when I reached into my pocket to find it empty.

My smile immediately dropped as I stomped my feet on the ground, tugging my hair in frustration at the mental image of my phone on my nightstand flashing in my head. I looked around deluding myself that I would find a waiting cab but like I thought, the road was completely desolate.

Sighing I began my trek, seeing it as the only option. I was a panting mess when I arrived. I casted my eyes towards Avery's bed noticing it was still made, telling me she didn't sleep her to. Relief flooded me at the thought of not having to explain what happened yesterday to one more person.

My muscles were screaming at me to lay down and that was exactly what I did. I stripped out of my jeans, before climbing into bed. Holden's shirt reached my mid thigh so I deemed it long enough to sleep in before shutting my eyes.

If you liked this chapter please consider giving it a vote, it would really mean a lot.

Thank you