Izuku was happy for his friend, and if he wanted this little kitten, well Izuku will make sure this kitten was his.

----~~~----

Hitoshi kept his hand in place, slowly dropping it onto the bottom of the cardboard box for the little kit to sniff and touch properly.

How he heard this little one, he wasn't sure but he did and he never leaves a cat alone without petting it at least. This kitten was special though, he didn't know why but she was. Hitoshi could feel Izuku leaving them space and just watching also keeping a lookout for assholes stumbling into the alley, but his attention was on the kitten.

She was small, too small for around her age, what he could guess was at least a year old, her purple eyes eyed him with interest and distrust. Hitoshi knew what that was like before he met Rabbit, before Izuku, but he wanted to have this kitten trust him.

Whether it be his love of cats or something else, he wanted to care for this kitten. So slowly turning his hand palm up the kitten watched and pawed his palm, Hitsohi's heart cooed at the site, she was so cute. The kitten just pawed his hand and finally, Hitoshi slowly moved to pet her, she eyed his hand the entire time.

Using 2 fingers her pet her head softly, and she seemed to lean into the touch, that was it, this kitten was his now. He kept petting her then he moved to pick her up, she didn't protest so that was a good sign. Unwrapping his scarf he bundled the kitten into it, drying her off and keeping her warm. Slowly getting up from the cold ground Hitoshi cradled the kitten in his arms.

"Well then, we need to stop by the pet store" Izuku's voice was quiet then it was earlier and Hitoshi looked at him. "Yeah but let's be quick, I wanna get her inside" Izuku nodded and they made their journey to the pet store, Hitoshi handed his bags to Izuku and never let go of the kitten once.

----~~~----

Izuku was holding more bags then his arms could handle, the trip to the pet store was quick but they bought quite a lot of things for Hitoshi's new kitten. Izuku's arms felt like they were going to fall off and they were still a little way's away from the house, Hitoshi laughed at him but never offered to help since the kitten was more important. Izuku made a mental note to get the kitten to a vet soon to make sure she was healthy and then adopt the kitten.

It wasn't even Christmas yet but this was an early present for Hitoshi.

Izuku kept walking down the street with the bags weighing his arms done and out of the corner of his eye, Izuku swore he saw Eraser Head walk by. Izuku shrugged it off until the man actually stopped them. "You kids need help?" Hitoshi stopped and gawked like the geek he was but Izuku was stunned seeing him in daylight.

"Uh, s-sure. I-if you don't mind sir" Izuku voice was small but Eraser smiled softly before hiding it in his scarf that was likely keeping him warm. "Don't worry about it, you looked like your arms were going to drop all these bags I thought I'd step in and help you" Izuku just nodded mutely.

This was how Izuku handed some of the bags to the hero and they all walked home, Hitoshi was silent the entire time and Izuku could guess he was screeching inside. Eraser asked questions as they walked back to his house and they didn't really give him too much information. It was bad enough that they were vigilantes who have contact with him a lot and it would be trouble if he found out his mom up and left him and Izuku just straight-up kidnapped Hitoshi from his shit home life.

Yeah, they'd be fucked big time.

The walk was five minutes with the hero's help, against Izuku's better judgment and sanity he invited Eraser into his home. Hitoshi went upstairs to hide their shit and grab towels for the kitten. Eraser followed Izuku toward the kitchen and living room area.