Chapter 12

Izuku walked to the market with Shinsou next to him, they need groceries and Shinsou needed out of the house. The cold November air was refreshing to the boys, they've been inside for a week, sure Shinsou did go to school but they needed to get out of the house besides going to school.

The snow had started to fall last week and it brought the temperature down even more. Izuku brought out the warm jackets and Shinsou needed to get some new clothes since he didn't have much, so today while they got the food they would head to the mall and get him a new wardrobe. Gods know he needs it, his closet is bare, and Izuku has tried to get him out and get clothes but he always denied.

Patrol's are mostly for Izuku, Hitoshi was pretty busy with school and he doesn't like going out in the freezing cold. The snow piled up too much for the school to clear away for classes last night so it was a snow day and a perfect day for shopping. They walked to the nearest mall, the roads and the sidewalk busy for the cold day.

"Why do we need to go shopping exactly?" Hitoshi wrapped his scarf more around his neck to keep him warm, Izuku looked back at his friend "You, my dear friend are in need of warm clothes, you practically don't have clothes at all." Izuku scoffed a puff of air visible leaving his mouth. "I don't need clothes I'm fine with what I have" Hitoshi looked away but Izuku saw the look.

"Toshi, it's fine, I'm buying you clothes cause I want to and I have more than enough money to spend on you, I mean your living with me and all. Let me spoil you" Izuku dodged a pedestrian and knocked himself into Hitoshi who grabbed him and kept them from falling. "Damn people don't know how to move out of the fucking way" Hitoshi grumbled under his breath, Izuku stood back to Hitoshi's side "It's fine, let's get to the mall, I think Yoshi is working today I wanna visit him" Izuku started to run and Hitoshi just shook his head before running after him.

----~~~----

The mall was really busy, it took a couple of hours to gets clothes they both wanted and Izuku had to coax Hitoshi into more outfits than 3 pairs of jeans and 2 shirts.

They stopped by the hero store and Yoshi was working, classes were canceled and he didn't want to be inside all day, plus they needed someone to fill in for a sick coworker. While Izuku was talking to Yoshi, Hitoshi went around looking at hero merch. There was so much and of many heroes, some he didn't know. It was fun for them both.

Izuku did coax Hitoshi into getting some merch he wanted, and reluctantly he got some Present Mic merch.

After visiting the hero store the boys went to the food court and got some hot drinks, Izuku got his hot chocolate though he did enjoy coffee on rare occasions, and Hitoshi got his coffee that he can't live without, Izuku sighed.

The mall was toasty warm, keeping most of the cold out and people were having a fun time.

When Izuku and Hitoshi walked back home Hitoshi stopped near an alleyway, Izuku looked back at him. "You ok?" Hitoshi looked into the alleyway, Izuku trusted his friend but he didn't know what was going on. Hitoshi walked toward the alleyway and Izuku stayed behind him.

He walked inside and Izuku stayed on guard, it was a dead-end alley and when they came near the wall Izuku heard a small noise.

"Meow"

It was a cat, how the hell did Hitoshi hear a cat all the way from the streets. Hitoshi moved near some trash and there was a cardboard box flipped onto its side, he moved a flap, and inside was a small kitten. The kitten was shivering in the corner, it's black fur wet and soaking and it's purple eyes seemed to eye Hitoshi.

Hitoshi was careful with his movement and he slowly let his hand into the box. Izuku stayed back, giving space. The kitten eyed his hand as it stopped a few inches away from the kitten, then slowly the kitten came forward and sniffed his hand. Izuku watched as Hitoshi just patiently waited for the kitten to come to him, he smiled.