cloak and dagger

Amanda sat in the bar, drink in hand, she had lost count of how many she'd had or how long she'd even been sitting there for as she swirled the glass around in her hand, watching the liquid turn into a spiral.

"I'll have whatever strongest alcohol you've got." Groaned Saint from the opposite side of the bar.

"You've got it." Nodded the bartender as he rummaged through a cabinet behind him searching through all different kind of bottles until he found an old whiskey, passing it to the Exo.

Amanda cocked her head up slightly looking at the titan from the corner of her eye, but not speaking a word.

"What's with all the moping from you guardians lately." The bartender cocked a brow as he cleaned a glass in his hands.

Saint groaned at the question but responded, "a friend of mine passed a few days ago..she was well known to a lot of us." He sighed heavily from underneath his helmet as he went to go grab the drink handed to him by the bartender he grumbled under his breath, "..it was all our fault."

That's when Amanda raised herself slightly on her seat, her eyes now locked on the titan, listening in on the conversation between him and the bartender.

Is he drunk?

"We all blame ourselves for something that was out of our control." The bartender responded his eyes trailing back to the glass he was cleaning.

Saint smacked his fist against the bar, "we set out on a mission..to protect her..but instead she gone."

Amanda couldn't believe the words she was hearing, she thought back to a few days prior to Y/N's death and she remembered not seeing either Saint or Shaxx on the tower and the day of her passing they had come back from somewhere, she was the first one to see them both.

"Ah I wouldn't keep blaming yourself, you weren't here." The bartender casually replied as he shot the exo a look.

Saint shook his head, "If we hadn't of gone..she would still be here.. we--I could've saved her."

Amanda felt a wave of anger, panic and shock hit her all at once, without even thinking about it the blonde haired woman pushed herself away from the table and stood onto her feet.
Her eyes haunted by fury as she ran out of the bar and towards Cayde's room, the woman furiously pounded on the door but to no response.

Steadying herself for a moment she glanced down at the log pad she'd been carrying around, scanning through the schematics of the tower she could see that there'd been a meeting held between Zavala and Ikora, she had a hunch that the exo must be there as well.

She ran blindly, her heart was in her mouth as she couldn't help but think about Shaxx.

He blamed himself for all of this, I was there when they came off Saints ship, there reaction, what where they doing!

The woman barged past other workers that attempted to stop the woman from making her way towards the office, ignoring every single one of their pleads.

Opening the door, seeing Ikora, Zavala and Cayde.

"Amanda?" Zavala peered at the mechanic questioning her, "what seems to be the issue."

"I.." Trying to catch her breath and find her words Amanda, bent over herself resting her hands on her legs as she breathed in deeply.
"I heard Saint.." she tried to grasp for air as her heart was racing so much that she couldn't get the words out.

Cayde looked over his shoulder, confused as Ikora rushed past him and to Amanda's side, she held onto the blonde haired woman. "Amanda what's wrong?" She questioned.