Mercy

The Warlord took in a deep breath, her eyes scanning the slow trailing clouds that lingered above her head as the reality of what she had just been told sank in.

Once again the wave of darkness within her had subsided, for now.

The world felt different, the ground beneath her felt different, she felt different.

Unable to sit up, something untangle kept the regal Warlord in her place.

"Are you sure you're right about this." She asked with a broken tone, turning her face towards the floating companion that rested beside her.

"Y/N even I didn't want to tell you." Rouge's voice was empty as he sympathised with his guardian, this warrior of the light that laid beside him was so much more.
"But I-" the ghost paused for a moment as his singular optic dulled from it's once capturing neon blue.

"I am concerned."

"About what happens next?"
The Warlord apprehensively spoke outloud.

The guardian and ghost locked eyes in utter silence, there where no needs for words for Rouge to have said that Y/N didn't already know that stirred within her.

She too, was scared of what happens next.

The Warlord watched carefully as the heart shaped ghost appeared to almost reel back for a moment in torment, a frown of confusion crossed her once neutral face.

"What's wron--"

"Y/N someone's here." Rouge's voice quickly changed, becoming domaint, protective.

The crimson haired huntress exhaled a sigh of defeat, pulling herself up from the grassy earth beneath her.
"Which side and who." She answered back with a hollow disregard of any kind of concern, she knew hiding would only buy her so much time before someone would find her.

"No--" Rouge starkly replied, the ghost's tone spilling over with agitation. "No way, you're not putting yourself in dang--"

Before he could even finish his sentence the Warlord was already making her way towards the invisible barrier that separated them from the outside world.
Standing directly Infront of the ever warping barrier the huntress prepared to take that single step outside.

"It's Shaxx!" Rouge shouted abruptly, which caused her to freeze in motion for a moment.

Passing thoughts shot through her mind like bullets.

Why him.
Why now.

Did the vanguard set him up to this?

"Rouge I can't just sit here and wait for him or anyone else to find a way inside." Y/N could feel herself grinding her teeth together, she didn't want to think this would end in conflict.

But the feeling that now rested in the pit of her stomach suggested otherwise.

"Stay in here and don't come out, even if the worst is to happen." She shot a glance over towards the ghost and before she could stand and listen to her companions array of defiance, she quickly pushed herself through the barrier and once more expose herself to the world outside.

-

The tall grass now brushed against her legs, undisturbed and severely overgrown, her captivating eyes trailed along the treeline up towards the opening to a large patch of grassland and there sitting on a broken piece of dry stone wall, was the all too familiar outline of the once famed one horned titan.

Who sat alone, waiting.

Waiting for her.

Steadying her uneven breaths, the huntess could feel her anxiety rising as scenarios played put in her minds eye, with each step she took in his direction the more unsettling they became.