Chapter 16-What Is It?

One Year Later

"Get up."

I was awoken by a harsh flood of water being poured on my face and as I opened my eyes agitatedly, I saw Jordan standing above me. I wiped a load of water off my face to stop it from dripping all over my bed.

"What are you doing?" I asked, continuing to wipe away water from my eyes.

He scoffed and grabbed my shirt before physically lifting me off from my bed in a hurry.

It had been this way since the incident with Zayn, Jordan had been at my side all the time from the minute I woke up to the minute I went back to sleep and it was nice but I did also want to spend my time with Harry and as much as I hated Zayn for what he did, I'd rather spend a little bit of time with him than all my time with Jordan.

I guess my lack of connection with them made them closer as now they talked to each other almost as much as Jordan and I talked.

Jordan continued to pull me outside and violently threw me onto the ground, something that scared me because he had only ever done that when we were playing but he was angry and I had no idea why.

I brushed myself off but remained on the ground and as I looked up at him, his jaw clenched. That look in his eyes was what got me the most and in that moment I had never been so terrified in my life, not for Zayn, not for Harry, not even for that zombie who could have killed me all those nights ago.

This was the first time I felt utterly powerless. I knew Zayn and Harry were listening and watching from the gate, but they didn't move. I think the shock of Jordan directing his anger towards me was what got them.

"How much further have you got in the dream?"

He started walking towards me and with each step he took, I pushed myself against the grass but he was still faster than me. When he reached me, my heart paused for a second.

He grabbed my shirt once again and pulled me up so my eyes met his.

"Jordan, please, you're scaring me."

He let me go and I lost my balance and fell to the ground once again.

"I'm scaring you? I'm scaring you? I'm not the monster, they are."

Within seconds, Harry and Zayn had made their way over to us. Zayn tried touching Jordan on the shoulder to calm him down but when he did Jordan put him in a headlock and somehow Zayn ended up on the ground next to me but it only took him less than a second to get up and throw Jordan across the field.

Harry helped me up and when Jordan finally made his way back over to us, Zayn stood firm as if he was going to try and attack us again.

"Why don't you tell Lily why you are so angry?" Harry said calmly

He hissed angrily. I had never seen Jordan so violent before, it couldn't be anything I did could it? We were fine yesterday, extremely close in fact.

If this had been a normal world without vampires and zombies, it would be the kind of day where he and I would go on a picnic and have ice cream afterwards but this? Nothing in any world would compare to this.

Jordan stood his ground and glared at Harry and Zayn and then back to Harry and keeping his eyes on him.

"Tell her." Harry's voice raised a little.

Jordan paused and looked at me, not with anger but with sadness.

"Harry caught me wondering the city's streets by myself."

My eyes widened and I ran at him before lifting his shirt, his sleeves and pushing his head either side to look for any sign of bite marks or wounds of any kind.

"What the hell were you thinking? You could have been killed!" I screamed but he shook his head and looked down at the ground.

"It's not like I was there to shop, Lily. I was there to kill animalistic beasts like these two and I successfully killed three zombies till Harry showed up." His gaze shifted to Harry where he glared at him and then moved his eyes back to me.

"It's a good thing I did, if you had killed a vampire without reason then Zayn would have been forced to kill you!"

Jordan left my side and walked over to Harry angrily and crossed his arms as he reached him.

"That's vampire law. Vampires cannot harm other vampires, it doesn't say anything about humans killing your kind."

This conversation was doing my head in. I was still trying to grasp the fact that Jordan had been wondering the streets, looking for people to kill. Knowing Jordan, this wouldn't have been the first time that this has happened.

He hated supernaturals so much that he would have done anything he could have just to get rid of them. It scared me to think he had been doing this for a while but I couldn't bear not knowing anymore. I had to know, I had to ask.

"How long?"

Harry and Zayn seemed confused by my question. For once, they were the naïve ones. They were naïve to think that this was the first and the last time he was doing this. They may have not known what I meant but Jordan most certainly did.

"Two years."

I looked up into his eyes angrily as I finally faced him.

"Two years? Jordan, you've been going out there and killing any supernatural creature you've seen since you were eleven? Don't you know how dangerous that is?"

He nodded and smiled gracefully. What was he thinking? Smiling at a time like this? I had never wanted to hit him so badly before but I refrained from doing so. He didn't get hurt which I was extremely thankful for but now I knew that he knew he wasn't going back out there, I wouldn't let him do that.

"Everyone just calm down! We need to spend a couple of days somewhere away from supernatural creatures. Think of it like a holiday. How about the beach?" Zayn announced and we all frowned.

Harry shook his head but Jordan and I just looked at each other, confused.

"What's a beach?" I finally asked after a long moment of silence.

Harry and Zayn's mouths dropped whilst Jordan joined me in the confusion. We didn't know what beaches were. How could we? We had never been to such a place as a 'beach' before. What was it? Perhaps the name of Zayn's castle? Perhaps it was next to the desert my parents always spoke to me of? Maybe it was the name of some kind of isolated city? Whatever it was, if there were no supernatural creatures there then that was where we needed to go.

"So why aren't there supernatural creatures there?" I asked worriedly.

"Zombies can't get in the sand, they'll sink and vampires tend to not go there simply because there isn't any humans there and therefore any food."

Sand? Sinking? This didn't sound like a very nice place. I imagined some kind of monster when Zayn spoke of it thought I didn't have any idea what exactly sand was.