44. retouch

i walked downstairs after i finished putting elodie in bed. i sat down on the couch when joe sat down next to me. "teds, can we talk?" "what's it?"

i looked up at him and smiled. "you need to contact harry" he said with a stern voice. "why would i do that?" i was confused, nobody ever told me to do that before because why would i even think of doing that?

"look i didn't realize this earlier but today? when you asked elodie if she wanted me to be her dad? i realized it's wrong. not you and her living with me but she isn't seeing her dad. that's wrong. elodie should see her dad, i can't replace him."

he paused for a bit before he continued. "i can be here for her but i can never replace him. she needs to see her dad so you need to talk to harry"

i nodded as i took a deep breath. "alright, i'll ask him to spend time with her but i don't want to talk to him about anything else"

he nodded, "i can't force you to do that and i won't but you do need to make sure el sees her dad" i nodded, "okay i will" i said before pecking his lips. "thank you, teds"

it was two am and i was laying in bed when i took out my phone. i sighed before searching harry's number. i pressed call, the second ring he picked up.

"hey" i mumbled softly, scared he might yell at me. "taylor" he said as he let out a deep breath. "yeah, that's me" "why do you call?"

i paused for a second before i started talking again. "emh ehh joe" i started, not knowing how to say it. "you are seriously calling me to tell me ur with him? at two am? really?"

"no no omg no" "then what?" he said harshly. "joe said u should be seeing el and i agree, she needs to spend time with her dad. so can you pick her up tomorrow? take her for a few days and bond again?"

"i would like that, can you spend a day with us too?" "oh emh.. i don't know" i said, not knowing what to say. "please?" "i don't think that's smart" i said. "be here at twelve tomorrow" i mumbled before hanging up.

i got back in bed and spend the rest of the night tossing and turning. as soon as it was eight am i got up and started getting things ready.

at around ten joe and elodie came downstairs and we had breakfast together before joe and elodie decided to make some arts and crafts together.

at twelve the doorbell rang and i called for elodie. "say bye to joey baby, ur gonna be with your daddy for some time" she nodded before running off to say bye to joe. a minute later she came back.

i smiled as i picked up elodie and opened the door. when i opened the door i looked right into two emerald green eyes and i knew exactly who they belonged to, harry.

AN

okay it's a rlly short chapter but i didn't want to make y'all wait, ill update again later today mwah!