42. mistake

i sat in the car, dressed up in a suit. normally i would wear some jeans and a shirt to this kind of party but kendall made me dress up, like always.

my mind wasn't on what she was saying, all i could think about was the possibility of seeing taylor again. we were late, like usual. so once we would arrive, one look around the room would tell me if she was there.

yes, i had given up on trying to fix things and just went with being with kendall. i did what she wnated and put in the divorce papers. honestly? i didn't even like kendall. she was pretty annoying. i just wanted taylor, taylor was all i could think about.. ever.

i had stalked her fanpages on insta and twitter. basically every hour i would check them. i missed her like crazy, not seeing elodie was hard too. she was my daughter. i didn't know how to even tell kendall i want to see my own daughter.

"hey are you even listening?" kendall snapped as she kicked my leg. "ouch, and yes of course i am babe" i said as i realized we arrived. i quickly got out and rushed into the party.

i ignored the paparazzi and didn't listen to what they were saying. i walked inside, kendall right behind me. she grabbed my hand and dragged me straight to zayn and gigi.

i looked around the room, searching for taylor. i needed to see her. i spotted her right away. i could always spot her right away.

she was wearing her classic red lipstick and her makeup made her eyes pop. she was smiling as she talked to joe. i smiled at how she kept her natural curls, or she recreated them. you never know with that woman.

she was sitting but i could clearly see that her body changed, she looked healthier. her leg was exposed because of the split and her whole body looked amazing.

i felt a sting of jealousy go through me as she was laughing with joe. i turned back and realized gigi was looking at me. zayn started talking to kendall before gigi started talking to me.

"i hate you for what you did by the way but the way you look at her, ur a lost puppy. it's sad" i nodded as i bit my lip. "are they, are they dating?"

i was nervous when i asked it, not sure if i wanted the answer. "no she is just friends with him, she literally told me ten minutes ago. taylor and joe are just friends, not that it's your business" i felt a wave of relief go over me as she said that.

i looked back up to see where taylor went but i couldn't find her, she was gone. i sighed as i involved in the conversation with kendall and zayn.

it was at least twenty minutes later and kendall had dissappeared. i decided to take the moment to search for taylor, i wanted to see her even if i wouldn't be able to talk to her.

i saw her walk towards joe, i smiled as i noticed how the dress hugged her curves. it made her look like a goddess.

i saw her taking joe's arm and pulling him towards the balcony, smiles on both of their faces. i kept telling myself that they were just friends like gigi had said.

i got up from my chair and slowly followed to the balcomy about five minutes later. when i was close enough to see anything i felt a shock gi through my heart, my whole body even.

they were kissing, never mind that. they were making out. she was on his lap, hands tangled in his hair. his hands were on her back and they were making out.

i watched for maybe a minute to make sure i saw it right before walking back. i had to find kendall. when i found her i signed for her to come to the side.

"i know this is a really shitty place to do this but i can't keep this up for another night. we are over" i said. kendall nodded, "thank god, i was scared i was going to have to do it. catch you later friend, mwah" she said before walking off.

well at least i got rid of that problem, now i didn't have to feel guilty for being jealous.

the rest of the night was pure horror. taylor and joe came back together and were clinging to each other all night. they kept giving each other kisses, like they could not keep their hands off of each other.

i sat at the bar and shook my head as i saw gigi coming closer. "sorry bud, she really told me they were just friends. they both did. something must have happened tonight" i sighed and nodded. "they look happy" i mumbled bitterly.

"you can't blame her for moving on harry, you let her go. she isn't the one who wanted it to end but you had to go betray her." she said as she shook her head while ordering a drink.

"ur right, i fucked up and now i have to pay for it. but this isn't over yet, i'm not ready to give up on her. i mean look at her, she is the prettiest woman to ever exist and her mind... she is so smart, funny, kind just.. she is an angel... a goddess.. i can't let her go" i said as i sighed.

"let her be happy harry, she deserves to be happy. let her figure this one out. if it wasn't for you she would have been with him long ago, trust me. let her find out if it's meant to be or not, she deserves to be happy and see seems happy to me" she said.

she pointed at taylor, who was smiling with a blush of happiness on her cheeks. she and joe keps stealing kisses from each other and wouldn't stop giggling. it's like they were in their own world.

gigi was right, i had to let her figure this out. for now.

AN:

okay okay last chapter of today. i didn't proof read so i'm sorry for any mistakes. I'll update tomorrow or the day after, depending on how busy i will be with school. gonna be a taylor pov again. this was probably the last harry pov for a while. sweet dreams xx.