Chapter 9

Previously on Love again I'm looking into her eyes and before I can stop myself I lean in

Josie's POV:
When our lips touch, I swear they are the softest lips I've ever kissed but before I can fully take in the moment I realized Hope hasn't kissed me back, and before I know it she pulls away.

I just realized what I did and I can tell by looking at the shocked look on her face, I messed up, "Oh my god! I'm so sorry Hope, I wasn't even thinking and I just got caught up in the moment, I'm so so-"

She cuts me off by slamming her lips onto mine and I immediately melt into the feeling. After oxygen is much need she pulls away with a shy smile.

"Sorry, it's just you were rambling. Trust me, I didn't mind the kiss at all, I was just surprised." Her smile slowly turns into a smirk.

All my worry fades away and is replaced by complete happiness. I know I'm probably smiling like a dork right now, but I don't even care. She just makes me so happy, "I'm just glad I didn't mess anything up"

"Oh, it would take much more than that to mess everything up." She says with an even bigger smirk. "And I hate to cut this moment short but we should probably get back to the school before your dad wonders where the heck I went during my own boyfriend's funeral." She says before starting to walk back to the school.

Ugh. How could I forget? How could I be so stupid? I kissed her at her boyfriend's funeral. That's so messed up! I know Landon and I weren't the best of friends, but I still feel bad. I look up and I see Hope's almost at the school so I run to catch up with her.

Hope's POV:
Josie catches up to me after doing god knows what standing in the woods and before I can ask why she was just standing around I spot Alaric in the halls talking to a parent. As I get closer I realize that the parent is Seylah, Landon's mom. What is she doing here?! I thought she went into Malivore...

"Oh, hey Hope!" Dr. Saltzman says completely unaware of the threat standing right next to him, "This is Clara, our school's new teacher" Oh no, this cannot be good, but I can't tell Dr. Saltzman about this right now, not in front of Seylah.

"Well nice to meet you, Ms. Clara," I say with my best fake smile. She doesn't know that I know who she is so I can use that to my advantage. I just have to act like everything is normal for tonight. I will have to take this up with Dr. Saltzman tomorrow. " Well, goodnight Dr. Saltzman!"

"Night Dad," Josie says.

"Goodnight girls, Hope training tomorrow?"

"Of Course"

Josie and I walk to my room, I have something other than Selyah on my mind that I have to ask Josie but I just have to work up the courage to ask her.

"Hey Hope, want me to get snacks and we could have a movie night?" Josie asks as she walks into my room.

"Sure Jo, I don't want to be alone tonight." I watch Josie leave my room but I can't help but wonder, why is Seylah here? Is it because of Landon? Does she want revenge?

I can't dwell on this for too long though because I'm just starting to become happy again. I'm NOT going to let Seylah ruin that. Tonight is for me and Josie, tomorrow is another day.

Once Josie comes back to my room I've finally worked up the courage to ask her my question. She sets up the snack and starts scrolling on Netflix looking for a movie, " Hey Jo?"

"Yeah Hope?" She turns around to look me in my eye.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Hey guys, long time no see... I'm so sorry about that, I just had MAJOR writer's block but I promise I'm going to try to update more often! But anyway thanks for reading his chapter. We got some major Hosie and the story is finally picking up :)