Chapter 1

Hopes POV
I open my eyes and sigh, another day. The only thing I have to look forward to is my best friend Josie, she really helped me get through loosing Landon but, there's still not one day that goes by where I don't think about him even though it's been months. Other than Josie, who just wouldn't let me no matter how hard I tried, I pushed everyone else away even though I know it's not healthy.

I groan as I roll out of bed then get dressed today is marks exactly 3 months after Landon died. I've been doing that, counting the days, weeks, and months since Landon died. 3 months without the love of my life I think as I walk to class. I sit down in my seat and Josie sits next to me.

Josie's POV
I walk into class and see Hope sitting down so I sit down next to her. I look at her and slightly smile. I still haven't told her my feelings have come back when she was in my mind, it just doesn't feel like the right time while she is still grieving Landon. "Josie, Josie" I look up suddenly, "Hey you were like in a trance for a second there" Hope says laughing. It is nice to see her laugh, "I was just thinking" I say "ok" Hope says laughing so hard she almost fell "Hope and Josie" the teacher said firmly "sorry" We say quickly.

After class I made my way down to the cafeteria and sat next to Lizzie, MG, and Kaleb. "Hey sis, where's Hope?" Lizzie asked "umm, I don't know she was behind me when we were le-" "GUYS" my dad came running in before I could finish my sentence "Hopes Missing!" he says with panic in his eyes "WHAT?!" I yell while jumping out of my seat "We have video footage of her being taken right after she left class from some guys in a mask" " Show me"