Chapter 7

Hope's POV

I wake up and see brown hair, I think back to last night. Josie and I stayed up for hours watching movies and talking, welp it's official. I have feelings for Josie Saltzman. I don't know what to do now, does she like me back? Are we just friends? What do I do now?

I haven't felt this way about her since that crush I had on her when I was 14. After a couple of minutes, she starts to stir in my arms.

Josie's POV

I wake up to see Hope looking down at me with those beautiful blue eyes. "Good morning," ugh my voice is groggy "Good morning, love" the nickname rolls off her tongue and it melts my heart.

I was going to ask her how long she has been up for but before I get the chance her phone dings. She picks it up and her face immediately drops," what's wrong" I try to hide the concern in my voice " I - uh um its L-Landon, his funeral is i-in a hour" She chokes out holding back tears. "Hey, hey it's ok" as I finish my sentence a tear rolls down her cheek and it breaks my heart. "You will get through this Hope, I know you will" in get cut off by a knock through the door. Hope starts wiping off her tears as I go to the door when I open it my dads there.

Alaric's POV
I have to go get Hope so she can help with the finishing touches on Landon's funeral. It's like 12 o'clock so she should be up right now. When I get to her dorm room I knock a couple of times before the door opens to reveal Josie. "Hey dad what's up" Wait why is she in Hope's room? I look behind her to see Hope quickly wiping off tears. Huh I guess they were having a talk "I need Hope for some finishing touches on Landon's funeral", "Dad can Raf or someone else help Hope's having a bit of a hard time" I assumed she would so I guess it would be fair "Umm ok then, just be down there in like 45 minutes" "Ok dad" she quickly shuts the door. That was weird when did Hope and Josie become friends? Well guess it's funeral time.

Authors note:

Hey guys thanks for reading! I know there's been some slow updates and I'm going to try to update faster but I just started a Hosie incorrect quotes so I would appreciate if you guys checked that out. But guess it's funeral time!