Chapter 10

Previously on Love Again  "Once Josie comes back to my room I've finally worked up the courage to ask her my question. She sets up the snack and starts scrolling on Netflix looking for a movie, " Hey Jo?"

"Yeah Hope?" She turns around to look me in my eye.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Josie's POV:

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I blink.

Did Hope Mikaelson just ask ME to be her girlfriend?!

"Really?"

"Really."

"I mean are you sure? It's only been 4 months since Landon died and I don't want to rush things. Not that I don't want to be your girlfriend, because I do! Trust me I really do, but are you sure? Like right now in this moment-"

She suddenly kisses me and after a while, she pulls back and looks at me.

"I'm 100% sure love," she says with full certainty. 

"Well in that case..."

I start kissing her again. After about 5 minutes of making out, we pull away and she starts laughing.

"So that's a yes?" she says with a big smile.

"Definitely."

We lay down and start looking for a movie again but I can't believe it. Hope Mikaelson is my girlfriend. Hope freaking Mikaelson. I know I'm smiling like an idiot, but I can't help it. She makes me so happy.

Hope finally picks a movie and looks at me while patting next to her, "Come over here."

I move next to her and she puts her arm around me. I set my head on her shoulder and we cuddle as we finish movie #1 and then #2 and halfway through movie #3, I fall asleep.

Hope's POV:

I hear soft snores and I look down to see Josie asleep. I watch her peacefully sleep for a little bit before I turn off the movie and lamp. I get comfortable and rest Josie's head on my stomach before drifting away to sleep.

I wake up to my phone ringing and I rub my eyes as I reach over to get it. I see the caller ID as 'Dr. Saltzman' and I groan remembering we have training today. I look over at Josie and she's still sleeping as she's cuddling my waist. I softly chuckle before picking up the phone.

"Good Morning Dr. Saltzman," I say in my best 'I've been awake for hours' voice.

"Hey Hope, I'm by the dock so come down whenever you're ready."

"Alright, I'll be there in 10," I say as I hang up.

Man, I really just want to stay here all day with my girlfriend but duty calls. I peel myself away from Josie and I get dressed.

I have to tell Dr. Saltzman about Seylah today.

I walk out to the dock and see Dr. Saltzman stretching and I jog over to him.

"Hello, again Hope." He says standing and picking up his sticks.

"Hey Dr.S, can I talk to you for a second?" I hesitantly say

"Yeah of course Hope, what's up?"

So I tell him about how Seylah is pretending to be Clara, how she's Landon, and how I think she's here for revenge.

"So," I start after Dr. Saltzman looks shocked, "What do we do?"

He blinks a few times before saying, "I don't know, I guess the best way to handle this is to tell everyone on the Super Squad and find a way for me to remember."

I nod and we head back to school, deciding to skip training.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We held a meeting with the group and we all decided to pretend everything was normal to trick Seylah. Josie taught me the spell to bring Dr. Saltzman's memories back and everyone else was going to distract her while we tried to figure out why she was here, pretending to be someone else.

After some brainstorming, we decided that she was most likely here for revenge and everyone from the Super Squad was ready for her attack but we decided to go to bed because it was almost midnight and tomorrow's Monday. 

As Josie and I were heading to my room we ran into someone.

I look up and see Seylah standing there with a mad expression on her face.

"Going somewhere?"