Chapter 8

Josie's POV
Hope and I slowly walk over to the funeral. While we walk I continuously ask her if she's okay, and every time she says yes but I can tell she's lying. We sit down and watch as people slowly start walking up to Landon and saying their goodbyes.

After about 10 minutes I look over to Hope and she just has a blank expression on her face but her body looks really tense . I slowly move my hand onto hers and she gives me a slight smile. Im honestly trying to hold back tears, I definitely didn't love Landon as much as Hope but I still cared for him.

Hope's POV
I watch as all theses people walk over to Landon, and it just makes me mad. Other than Raf none of these people like Landon, I mean they barely even knew him! Then I feel a hand on mine and immediately know it's Josie's. I give her a small smile as a thank you before turning back around and looking at Landon. Once the majority of the people please start to leave I get up and walk over to Landon.

Josie's POV
Hope starts to walk over to Landon and I follow close behind. Once she see's him she immediately starts crying, "L-Landon I'm sorry, this never was supposed to happen, a-and I-I can't!" She starts running out into the woods. I start calling out to her but I don't think she can hear me so I just start running after her. I chase her for a good 5 minutes before she stops.

"Hey, hey are you okay?" I try to make my voice as soft as possible, she finally turns around and her eyes are brimming with tears and she starts balling again. "No Jo I'm not okay! It's all my fault he's dead and I'm just so tried off having to grieve the people I love!" I walk up up her and I lift her head up so she's looking at me, "It's not you fault okay" she looks unsure so I continue " You we're saving my life and everyone knows that you did everything to try to protect Landon. You are not the monster here Hope" I can tell my words have an effect on her. I'm looking into her eyes and before I can stop myself I lean in.

Hey guys, sorry  for the short chapter but at least we finally have some Hosie!