Chapter Five

Nina's Pov
Geez... Now I feel like I'm going crazy myself. I thought, It's been a while since I've actually gone outside my house to actually do something besides going out to get alcohol. I realized it's been a while since I've eaten something other than instant ramen and microwave meals.

Plus I don't think all the candy that me and Laughing Jack eat can really count as food. I held my coat closer to myself feeling just uneasy. I felt like everyone was judging me for some odd reason. When they weren't even looking my way.

But yet again it still felt like that. I turned the corner hating that just to get to the main part of town I had to go through an alleyway. I paused for just moment to just check that I had the little pocket knife in my pocket nodding satisfied.

I spun around just to be met with a grinning smiling face watching me.

"You know what's the best time of year, Halloween! Look at the leaves Nina and oh the candy." I felt my heart beat a little before I facepalm deeply.

"Laughing Jack, you scared the shit out of me." I laughed quietly watching him tilt his head at me a little tapping one of his claws on his chin.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked him gently watching him blinking his eyes softly.

"I wanted to make sure you got here safely, plus I'm bored." I chuckled quietly taking a breath.

"You always are bored, come on." I gestured waving my hand. I started leading him down the alleyway feeling him walking next to do some times floating.

We finally made it into town heading straight for the store.

"Are you gonna dress up?" He asked me curious like. I could feel his clawed hand messing around with my hair snickering and giggling.

"Maybe if I find the time, I'll pass out candy and stuff." I whispered quietly tossing some ingredients in planning a few weeks of dinner.

"Can you eat normal food?" I questioned looking up at him, he gave me a deadpan face.

"Not necessarily, Well I can since I can eat candy." He answered a bit.

"Alright then." I chuckled pushing the cart more I leaned against it a little seeing quite a few kids I went to school with.

"You don't like hanging out with kids your age do you, or having a boyfriend?" I glanced at Laughing Jack for a minute.

"Its not really that, its just I never had any common interests with them. They like to party and drink all night, having sex. I like to drink but pass out sleep after, plus.. Guys my age are gross." I gestured over to the group where one of the guys let a loud burp out smirking without saying excuse me.

Laughing Jack cackled so hard a low snort leaving him.

"Now that is amusing." He giggled out a little moving his nose around in the air.

"Well guess I have you all to myself little one, I have the perfect costume for you, dress up as a clown." He stated.

"So many people hate clowns Laughing Jack, I would get hit so many times." I laughed gently placing a carton of milk into the basket.

  "True but that's why you hit them back, or I have a better idea you can dress up like me. Halloween is the creepypasta domain my sweet. I give out all the poison candy I can go kids. Jeff goes on his little binge, its fun. After you hand out candy and all you can come with me to my carnival all the teens love going there cause it's scary ever so often I have some teens that can see me." I listened to him closely with a smile chuckling.

"Well guess it can't really hurt to do something different this year." I muttered glancing around the store me and Laughing Jack watched as a little boy was shrieking little boy who was laughing staring at Laughing Jack and Me.

"Mommy! Look at the talking clown talking with that girl!" My eyes went wide and I saw Laughing Jack chuckling deeply.

"Ahh the innocence of little children, they all are germ filled little brats." I laughed quietly.

"Oh come kids can't be all that bad, what if you have your own, I love kids." I laughed quietly seeing the mom give me a small apologetic smile picking her son up.

"I'm sorry! He has a wild imagination. " She laughed quietly.

"Even my own would be little brats as well, plus I don't think I can have kids." He scratched at his painted face a bit looking around messing with his hair slowly.

He then grinned a little watching a dad who wasn't really paying attention to one of his kids who was stealing some candy.

"And looks like I've found my next victim, I'll see you in a few hours little one, don't get in trouble, I haven't killed an adult in forever." I was shocked when he kissed my cheeks and forehead before he was off to go speak with another kid.

He might be the death of me actually. He was not what I was expecting at all. I also wasn't expecting him to stick around with me. Who would wanna stay around a strange nineteen year old black girl who was quite depressing.